Post the songs that mention the food that you've eaten today!

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now that we're on the topic of apples, I'm not sure if we mentioned George Harrison's song "Apple Scruffs" yet? Davy Jones (of The Monkees) also has a song called "Sitting In The Apple Tree".

Funny how you remember that My Boy Lollipop song, Beatlebob! It was a one hit wonder but a huge one! :-)

I Loved George's song "Apple Scruffs"!!!! A Great Song and a catchy tune!! :-) The song about The Beatles Fans hanging outside of Apple waiting to see them.

My Boy Lollipop song,
This song was originally an R&B hit in late 1956 for an American singer named Barbie Gaye. Small's version was a bigger, international hit that crossed over to Pop. The Millie Small version was a Big Hit in 1964!! Yeah, I remember hearing it on the radio a lot of times!! :-)

I never heard of that Davy Jones song though? ;-)

There's a girl group called The Cookies!
The Beatles covered their song "Chains" and they also had another hit with "Don't Say Nothing Bad About My Baby". I think The Monkees covered that song! :-)
I also thought of Lesley Gore's song "Sunshine, LOLLIPOPS, and Rainbows". :-)

Beatlebob, I didn't know My Boy Lollipop was a cover song! Thanks for the info! And for those pictures of Apple Scruffs! :-)

I had apple scruffs yesterday ^_^ Fuji Apple Scruffs! They're sweet and delectable.

Thanks Sadie!! Nice Songs!! I Sure remember Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows!

Enjoy!  :-)

You're Welcome for the info about My Boy Lolipop and the Pics of Apple Scruffs!  :-)

Candy O, Fuji Apple Scruffs! Sounds Delicious!!  :-)

Fuji apples were developed in the late 1930’s by growers at the Tohoku Research Station in Morioka, Japan. Fuji apples are a cross between two classic American apple varieties - Red Delicious and Virginia Ralls Janet. The Fuji apple variety was introduced to the United States in the 1960’s. Fuji apples contain between 15 to 18 percent sugar levels, making them one of the sweetest varieties available.

:-D

OMG!!! Thanks for that Lesley Gore video, Beatlebob! Is it from a movie or something?? Sure looks that way! She was pretty!!! And thanks for posting those other videos too! I actually don't have that Monkees song (or should I say their cover of a Cookies song lol) on my MP3 player, so I wasn't sure if they covered it or not (I think I heard about it before though) Lol! I already knew that Apple Scruffs was about fans, and not about scruffs of apple fruit (literally LOL) but thanks for the information again anyway!

Have a fab week everyone!!!! :-)

You're Welcome Sadie!! :-) The movie was called "Ski Party". Some info about the movie...

Ski Party is a 1965 American musical comedy film directed by Alan Rafkin, and released by American International Pictures, starring Frankie Avalon and Dwayne Hickman. Ski Party is part of the 1960s beach party film genre, with a change of setting from the beach to the slopes—although the final scene places everyone back at the beach. The plot is loosely based on the classic comedy, Some Like It Hot.

Ski Party is punctuated with ski-sweatered musical numbers by Lesley Gore (who sings Marvin Hamlisch's "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows" on the bus)   :-)

Yes, She was Pretty! :-) You're Welcome for the other movies too!  :-) The Monkees "Cover" song: The Monkees - "Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)"
From the album: The Birds, The Bees & The Monkees (Deluxe Edition) (The Raritees)    ;-)

I knew You already knew that Apple Scruffs was about fans!!!! LOL! ;-) And NOT about scruffs of apple fruit "literally"!!! LOL!  ;-) You're Welcome for the info again, anyway my friend!!!  :-))

Thanks!!! Have a FAB Week too!!! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo