Post the songs that mention the food that you've eaten today!

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought that song was first done by the 1910 Fruitgum Company too! LOL!

It's too bad that video isn't showing up for me, it's just an blank black box! I'll see it once I switch computers though! Hopefully! I'm glad the Nancy Sinatra Boots Were Made For Walking Video worked for you though, Beatlebob!

Well I can say I had "Goody Goody Gum Drops" to eat today, and that's by the 1910 Fruitgum Company. Fruit and gum! LOL!

I also like their songs 1,2,3 Red Light , Indian Giver, Simple Simon Says, When We Get Married, etc...

I sadly don't know much songs from the Ohio Express! I'll have to check them more out later! I read they had another hit song called "Chewy, Chewy" which must be the followup to "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy"  Lmao!

You thought that too? LOL! ;-) I think the 1910 Fruitgum Company version had more radio air play than the original? LOL!

Try the Video again! For some reason it's Blank till 0:11 then it starts playing. LOL! I just tried it. Hopefully it will work for you! It's in a kinda cappy condition though. :-( Thanks again for The Nancy Sinatra Boots Were Made For Walking Video!!! It Worked Great!! :-)

Yes, they did have some good songs!!

Oh yeah, Chewy Chewy! I remember that! Re:"I read they had another hit song called "Chewy, Chewy" which must be the followup to "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy"  Lmao!"
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

The 1910 Fruitgum Company should have came out with Chewy Chewy and Yummy Yummy Yummy. It fits thier Name!  LOL! ;-)

I see the videos now that I switched to a different computer! YAY!

Yeah, I think I'm more familiar with The 1910 Fruitgum Company's version of Yummy, Yummy, Yummy than the Ohio Express!

But I like both!!! :-)

I didn't eat any of these today, but I did think of more food inspired music, thanks to my MP3 Player! LOL!

Popsicles And Icicles by The Murmaids

Mashed Potatoes by Dee Dee Sharp (She also had a follow up song called "Gravy"! LOL!)

Popcorn by Hot Butter

Apple Scruffs by George Harrison

Cold Turkey by John Lennon

I Want Candy by The Strangeloves

Have I The Right by The Honeycombs

No Milk Today by Herman's Hermits

Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young

Sugar, Sugar by The Archies

Honey by Bobby Goldsboro

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch Can't Help Myself by The Four Tops

Honey Pie by The Beatles

Build Me Up, Buttercup by The Foundations

There's bands called Bread, Hot Tuna, Moby Grape, Vanilla Fudge, The Chocolate Watch Band, The Strawberry Alarm Clock, The Lemon Pipers, The Electric Prunes, The Peanut Butter Conspiracy... and there's girl groups called The Honeys and Goldie And The Gingerbreads! LOL! The Velvet Underground & Nico also have the famous bananna album cover designed by Andy Warhol!

How about Ice Cream Man by Van Halen with Cherry, Cherry by Neil Diamond on top? LOL!

I'll stop now though! This topic and the Theme Songs one is alot of fun, but I'm going to be taking a little break from it for a while to focus on the pictures area of this site! See you over there! ;-)

Glad you seen the Vids when you switched to a differnt computer!!! :-)

I like them Both too!

Thank You Sadie's MP3 Player!! LOL!  ;-)
COOL!!! I like ALL of those songs!!! Thanks!! :-))

Loved Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young!
And Yes, the Bands with Food Names!! ;-) I remember Bread, Hot Tuna, Moby Grape, Vanilla Fudge, The Strawberry Alarm Clock, The Lemon Pipers, The Electric Prunes, but not familiar with the others? I seen The Vanella Fudge at the Fillmore East with my older cousin way back when. :-) I remember The Velvet Underground & Nico with the famous bananna album cover designed by Andy Warhol! :-)

Re:"How about Ice Cream Man by Van Halen with Cherry, Cherry by Neil Diamond on top? LOL!"

LOL!!! I Like Both of those Songs!!!!

Re:"I'll stop now though! This topic and the Theme Songs one is alot of fun, but I'm going to be taking a little break from it for a while to focus on the pictures area of this site! See you over there! ;-)"

Me Too!!! ;-) See You over there!! :-)

WOW! That's awesome you saw Vanilla Fudge live! I like that Filmore East poster you posted a picture of on here, with Jim Morrison on it! That is amazing you went to that festival, Beatlebob!

And you probably never heard of some of those bands I mentioned because they are obscure. LOL I've dug deep into psychedelic music on YouTube! :-)

oops? LOL!  ;-)

Oops indeed! I forgot to mention...

Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones
Sugartime by The McGuire Sisters
Lollipop by The Chordettes
Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard
Little Black Egg by The Nightcrawlers
Cherry Pie by Skip & Flip (Lmao at that duo name! Also this song is not to be confused with "Cherry Pie" by Warrant. Eww I HATE that stupid song! LOL)
Bread And Butter by The Newbeats
Sugar Shack and Bottle Of Wine by Jimmy Glimmer & The Fireballs
Jam Up Jelly Tight by Tommy Roe
Cherry Oh Baby by The Rolling Stones
Strawberry Letter 23 by Brothers Johnson
etc...
Yummy songs! LOL, I think it's hilarious how you remember that You And Me And A Dog Named Boo song, Beatlebob! I like Lobo's other hit song called I'd Love You To Want Me much more though! LOL!!!
Did you know The Monkees did quite a few TV commercials for cereal and Kool Aid??
Even The Rolling Stones had a commercial in the early 60s for cereal! LOL! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiTyqYRE2vU

And of course, let's not forget "Candy O" by The Cars.
We miss you so much and are very worried, BeatleGirl!!!!! :-(

LOL! ;-) I remember most of these songs you added! :-) "Cherry Pie" by Warrant. I wasn't fond of that song either! But, Liked the Girl in the Video!! LOL!! Yes, Yummy Songs! LOL!!! Yeah, I do remember You And Me And A Dog Named Boo! LOL! ;-) I don't remember I'd Love You To Want Me?? LMAO! ;-)

Thanks for the Link to that cerial commercial!!! LOL!

"Brian Jones co-wrote this jingle with the J. Walter Thompson ad agency. It was only shown in England in 1964."
No wonder I never seen it, is was only shown in England! Thanks for sharing this!! Cool!! :-)

I Didn't know or just Don't remember the commercials the Monkees made? Maybe we can find some on YouTube? Cool though!! :-))

Yes, and of course "Candy O" by The Cars!!
I Sure Agree!!! We Miss You and Hope You are Alright BeatleGirl!!!!

How about The Cherry People? They had a minor hit in the 60s with a song called "And Suddenly".

Or "Honey Pie" and "Wild Honey Pie" by The Beatles LOL

I Don't remember the Cherry People?!?  LOL!
LOL!!  
Of Course!!  "Honey Pie" and "Wild Honey Pie"!!  :-)

How about Summer Wine and Sugar Town by Nancy Sinatra?
Also Sugar and Spice by The Cryan Shames lol their name was mispelled on purpose
just like the Spiral Starecase, Byrds, Monkees, and even The Beatles.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019