Here you can pay little tributes to the musicians and actors that have passed away.

Views: 3227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Agree, at least the Beatles site is still there, even without the shoutbox!!
I didn't know actor William Katt is the son of Barbara Hale, either.

Thanks Sadie! I received your e-mail address. Thanks!! This way I have your's too in case the sites shut down!! I know what you mean about the spam bots!! So many spam bots already seem to somehow know my e-mail addy too!! :-( Yes, I'll drop you a line when I'm certain my Internet and Computer is doing Alright!!! LOL!!
I'm So Sorry that All is Not Okay With You Lately!! :-( I see you're pretty sure that you'll still be moving soon!! :-( DAMN!!  :-(
LOL!! Yeah, I guess my typo did make sense. The shoutbox went shot! LOL!! I'm Glad you asked BeatleGirl about it! But, you're right! What's the point, if that place is probably going to shut down anways!  :-( I'm Still Hoping the sites Won't shut down! Time will tell.
I also have been getting some errors over here too! But, that's been happening on and off for quite some time now? So, Hopefully it doesn't mean anything!! Yes, at least not yet! IF the sites do shut down I'll Really Miss them too!!! :-( I know, where else will we have a place to make fun of Trump? LMAO!!!!!! ;-) Thanks for posting This One Too!!! "Dumpty Trumpty"! LOL!!!

Thanks My Friend!! Hope you have a good Valentine's Day too!! :-)
Before my Computer and Internet started acting up, I made a few Valentine's Day Pics for You and BeatleGirl. It only took me an hour or so because I used the backgrounds that you liked for the Birthday Ones, and a couple of other ones too. I'll post them Here Today! Just in case my computer acts up tomorrow? I used that Pic of You with the Green Eyes. ;-) Hope You like them! :-)

These people have sadly passed away recently...

Actress Lorna Gray (who later changed her name to "Adrian Booth")

Actress Dina Merrill

Actor Jared Martin

Lorna Gray (who later changed her name to "Adrian Booth") I remember her from "Yes, We Have No Bonanza", "You Nazty Spy!", and "Three Sappy People" from the "Three Stooges Films"!! When she was known as Lorna Gray.

Dina Merrill! I Remember Her! In Movies like "Operation Petticoat", "Desk Set", "The Young Savages", and a couple more.

Jared Martin. I remember him form that movie "The Wedding Party"with Robert De Niro. And as Steven "Dusty" Farlow in the series Dallas!

SAD!! :-(

Actor Stephen Furst ("Flounder" in the movie "Animal House") has passed away.

I always liked that movie. So funny! RIP.

WOW!! I didn't know he died? SAD!! :-(
I Always Loved the movie "Animal House" too!!!!!
RIP Stephen Furst  :-(

Yeah I just saw it was all over Facebook and on Yahoo news. He was only 63. Sad! John Belushi also died way too young. Animal House is a classic. :-)

You seem to catch all the latest news! Yeah, he was Only 63. So Sad!! :-( I know what you mean, John Belushi also died way too young!! :-( Animal House Sure Is a Classic!!!! Great Funny Movie!!!  :-)

BTW........Do you know of a Good Anti -Malware / Antivirus software program? I used to use the Free Version of MalwareBytes, along with running Microsoft Security Essentials that came with Windows. I was running MalwareBytes and updated the definition database. And it came back with you need the Newer Version. I downloaded it and Now it's a Paid Version with a 14 day Trial period. After the 14 days runs out it won't work anymore then I have to purchase it!! I downloaded it to try it out, and it wouldn't even let me use Microsoft Security Essentials. It seems Very Complicated and Very Intrusive to use!! So, I deleted it!! Now, I have to look for a new one. I want one that's Not too Complicated and not So Intrusive to use, I would purchase it if it's not that expensive. IF you know of one, Please let me know. Thanks!!   ;-)

Hey Sadie!! Years ago I used to use "Norton Anti-Virus" too.
No, none of them are Free Now, unless it already comes installed on your computer.
I Know!! It Really Sucks how so many good software programs like Photoshop and streaming services like Hulu, etc... only have a 2 week free trial period!!!! :-( Thanks!!! Hopefully I Will find a good program soon that's not as complicated and compatible with my desktop computer!! I used to have Apple MACS Desktop computers. Then I bought this computer in 2012 which is a Windows PC!! Thanks for wishing me Good Luck!! Thanks for the advice!! That's what I'm doing now. Is doing some more research about the topic online and taking other people's advice. Reading reviews etc!! I don't want to get something that might mess up the way my computer runs and paying for it to boot!! So the search goes on! I was just using what came with my computer too. "Microsoft Security Essentials". And still have it running in the background. But, these days something like that program Isn't enough to protect my computer!! Hopefully I'll find a more powerful program that I can run along with Microsoft Security Essentials!!

You're Welcome for letting you know the information about the song "Jimmy Mack"!! Yes, it was a sweet story!! And it IS one of the greatest Motown tracks of all time.

I think it's Great that BeatleNut9 met Paul McCartney's son James!!! Must have been at a Beatlefest convention. Let me know more about it when you can. :-)

Is that BeatleNut9 in that Picture with James McCartney???? Either way, thanks for posting it!! I Wish I could say I met somebody Beatles related, as well!!!

YES!!! I Remember you met Ricky Nelson's sons!!! Thanks for posting the Pictures again!!! :-)
I remember you telling me it was on your Birthday in 2015!!! I think you told me that you briefly met one of them again in 2016 and he still remembered you!!! That's Great!!!!! :-)

Yes, I heard you can't always believe everything you read on Facebook about news!! I think they are trying to do something about that? It's Good that you always double check the official news sites like AOL, MSN, Yahoo, etc... to confirm whenever you hear big news like that about a celebrity death or whatever!!!! But, you do always seem to catch all the latest news!!! Like the one Below:

No, I didn't know "Beloved Writer, Comedian, and Actor BILL DANA passed away at age 92.  :-( I used to Love his most famous character, the bumbling, English-mangling José Jiménez!!! “My name José Jiménez".  LOL!!  I've seen him on the Ed Sullivan show many times!!! I see you have an Ed Sullivan DVD with The Beatles and he's in it too. He was So Funny!!!! :-)

I found this too. Also, “The Tonight Show,” “The Jackie Gleason Show,” “The Andy Williams Show,” “The Hollywood Palace” and even, in a cameo role, “Batman.” A series of his own, “The Bill Dana Show,” on which he played José as a hotel bellhop, aired on NBC from 1963 to 1965.

Mr. Dana continued his career in television after that, devoting more of his energies to writing. Among his credits was the script for the 1972 episode of “All in the Family” in which Sammy Davis Jr. ends up in Archie Bunker’s living room, which TV Guide in 1997 ranked 13th on its list of the “100 Greatest Episodes of All Time.”
He also appeared on numerous TV series, occasionally in dramatic roles, although comedy remained his specialty.  

RIP BILL DANA!  :-(

This Thursday I have to go to NYC to see my Shrink. I won't be online that day. I go there by bus, it takes me over an hour to get there. Then wait to see him. Then by the time I get to the bus stop going home it's right in the rush hour. It takes me over 2 hours to get home at that time!! Oh What FUN!!! :-( But, I'll try to be back online tomorrow and Friday!!
Thanks!!!! You have a FAB Week Too My Friend!!! :-)  

Hey Sadie! Thanks for posting this picture too!! For some reason I thought she had blonde hair? She's Pretty! I Hope she doesn't mind you sharing her picture here too. But, I don't think she comes to this site anymore.

Yeah, it IS Awesome that she met James!! So COOL! Oh yeah, I remember it well when you posted the pictures Here and told me all about meeting the "The Nelson Twins"!!! I Think that's Awesome Too!! :-) That's the last Birthday you'll ever celebrate. LOL!!!! ;-) I know that Ann & You will be in your 30's!! And BeatleNut will be 35? I knew she was a few years older than you. I'll be 65 this coming November!!! LOL!!!! YIKES!!!  :-( YES, at least we're not 75 like Paul!!!!! LOL!!!!! But, I'll be only 10 years younger than him this year!!! I still can't believe it!!! LOL!!! Well, I heard that the later versions of Norton Antivirus slows down the computer, and it's a memory hog. I'm looking for a program that wouldn't slow down my computer and one that's not only an Antivirus program but, also a good Anti - Malware program too!! Will see what I can find? Thanks!! I Hope I can find a Good One Soon!!! I'll certainly let you know all about it when I get one!! "Microsoft Security Essentials" comes along with the Windows operating system from microsoft. I'm not sure if Windows 10 has it or not, because I still have Windows Seven. I'm Sorry to hear that your computer has been acting like a piece of shit lately!!! :-( I see why you're even considering buying another PC soon!! I see you had several laptops and they always break down!! :-( Yeah, Laptops don't usually last too long because they stuff all of the components into a small thin laptop, and the heat does a number on them. They wear down and produce problems! WOW!! I'm Sorry to hear your Desktop computer that you've only had for about 2 years now is already breaking down!! :-( I see you tried many brands and they all eventually went caput on you!! :-( Before I got this Windows PC I have now, I looked into those brands that you mentioned and others too. I read a lot of bad reviews about them having problems with them even when they were only purchased 8 months ago and some maybe a year or so. When I got this computer in 2012 I bought it custom made from a place that had Great reviews!!! They really test the computers out a lot before they ship it out to you. That's the problem with name brand computers. They just slap them together on an assembly line in China and power it up to make sure it works, and that's it! It's just Luck with getting a computer that is Good!! Some people say that they had the name brand computer for many years without any major problems. Others say they Suck!! You just got to take your chances and hope for the best! It Sucks that it's that way!!! :-( Yeah, Apple Computers are Very Well Made!! But, like anything you buy I've read some horror stories from some people getting stuck with Lemons with them too!! They are also made and assembled in China. But, I still think the Bulk of them are made Well!! But, you pay A Lot more money for a MAC than you do for a Brand Name PC!! :-( Yes, I agree with what BeatleNut said about Mac computers!! Yes, I had 5 Mac computers before I went with the Windows Computer I have. All of them were Great and lasted me a long time before they eventually crapped out on me!! The only reason I bought the Windows PC at the time was because there were so many Software programs that were made for the PC that were available including Free ones at that time, then there were for the Mac! Also, a lot of Mac owners were complaing about having a lot of problems with YouTube and some other video sites using the New Macs at that time too. So, I decided to go with a Windows PC back then. I think that Youtube problem was fixed for the MACS a year or so later. So, yes Macs are a lot Better overall. But, I Know right now they would be out of your price range. :-(

Yeah, I'm Not looking forward to Tomorrow. I like seeing my Shrink. But, the whole day is wasted with Very Long Bus rides etc., which Sucks!!! I see you know how I feel!!! You Often are spending Hours waiting for taxicabs and always walking to the local bus stops!!! So Sorry to hear that!!! :-( Really!! It Sucks not having a car! LOL!! I figured you remember that "José Jiménez" character and particular episode of "All In The Family"!!! LMAO!!!!!! GREAT!!! :-) Odd that I don't remember that "Bill Dana Show" sitcom from the early 60s? Too bad they don't have it on DVD or anywhere!! Yes, so many Fake stories out there, you don't even know what to believe anymore when it comes to news on the Internet!! I see why you were pretty sure about the news with Bill Dana being true!! Oh what FUN having some cleaning to do!! I know about that too!! LOL! Thanks!!! Hopefully I'll find a new computer program soon!!! Thanks My Friend!!! You have a FAB rest of the week too!!! Will catch up on Friday!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! You must be thinking of another member of our Beatles site. I think it's BeatleLuvr13 who's real name is Alyssabeth. She has blonde hair. :-)
I removed those pictures of Beatle Nut (who's real name is Ashley) just in case she dosen't want them shared publicly. I got them off her Facebook page but I probably should've asked first. Please don't Photoshop her in anything. That might make her paranoid since she actually had an internet stalker on MySpace once! I'm glad that she trusted me enough to be my Facebook friend. We talk over there pretty much everyday. Beatle Girl on the other hand hasn't talked to me in several months although I notice Facebook messenger often says she's "online now". :-(  

I prefer electronics that are made in the USA but unfortunately most are made overseas. That's great how you got a computer from a special store that specializes in quality. I have Windows 8.1 but that's already outdated because now there's a Windows 10. It's annoying how they come up with new versions so soon, making users have to upgrade!! I had Windows 7 too. Windows XP was my favorite. But that dosen't work anymore. The newer the version, the more confusing! 65 is actually not that old. I always thought it was kind of funny how Paul sang "When I'm Sixty Four" as if age 64 was really old. And he's 75 now! LOL!!! I like seeing the shrink too. It's the only appointment I don't mind because all they do is just talk. I hate the regular doctors, eye doctor, and most of all the dentist!!! I had a therapy appointment this month but won't have another one until August. I'm guessing you don't see your psychiatrist too often either because of the traveling issue? I've never seen "The Bill Dana Show" either, but I have heard of it. I hate all this cleaning I've had to do lately. It's made me sick literally! Now I'm sneezing and have a sore throat eventhough it's summer time! WTF? LOL! It sucks, being sick, but having to clean the home anyway because my apartment does monthly inspections and they've already complained about my home eventhough I've only been living here for a few months. Ugh! I had enough damn landlord problems in 4 other places I lived in before! Maybe I should just live in a yellow submarine! LOL!!!!!! Looking forward to catching up with you on Friday! Have a fab day, my friend! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019