Here you can pay little tributes to the musicians and actors that have passed away.

Views: 3228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Red West dies at age 81

He was an actor, songwriter, and Elvis Presley's bodyguard. RIP!

Leonard Landy, best known for his work as one of the Little Rascals on “Our Gang,” died. He was 84.

(Pictured here with the other 'Rascals' wearing a black hat)

I don't really remember him but Rest In Peace. Are ANY of those Rascal kids alive anymore? Sadly I don't think so!! Could be one or two still around. I'll have to look that up later. I've got to go for now.

Beatlebob, hope your appointment went well! Catch up with you later! :-)

Hey Sadie! Sad to hear about June Foray passing away. I clicked on "The Bullwinkle Show" link and she sure did so many voice overs in animated series!! WOW!! That was one of my Favorite animated series too!! Not only Rocky the Flying Squirrel she was also the voice of "Natasha", the villian!! Yes, so Cool how they were 2 totally different voices! And yeah, the "Natasha" cartoon somewhat resembled her real life self!!!! ;-) Thanks for posting the Pictures too!!  RIP June Foray

You're Welcome for posting that video!!! I'm Also NOT fond of "Yesternumb", as they call it!!!! Yeah, I can also see why it's the only performance of it ever. LOL!!!!!!! Paul sure does need to stay away from RAP CRAP!!! Well, Paul likes collaborating with many people from different genres of music!! But, I'm NOT fond of him collaborating with people like Jay-Z and Kanye West!!!! WTF??? I don't know what he was thinking when he collaborated with Them?!? You're Welcome for sharing some more information about Barbara Sinatra!! That's Cool that you've heard of that small town in Missouri, and it's not too far from where you live!! Yeah, she was a model! Yes it was Very Interesting how she was married to a Marx Brother before Frank Sinatra. A true rags to riches story indeed!!!

Thanks for wishing me Good Luck seeing my Shrink!! I see that you are seeing your Shrink too in Early August!! Good Luck seeing your Shrink then!!! WOW!! That's Great that you get free transportation rides to the place to see your Shrink and the place is nearby you too!!! That's GREAT!!!!! :-) I know you dread long trips too! Unfortunately mine is FAR away from me!!! Was a Horrible Long ride both ways!!! :-( Oh Well.

OH BOY!!! :-( I see more people passed away!! :-( Red West worked for Elvis for some 20 years, occasionally taking small roles in such films as Flaming Star and writing or co-writing such memorable Elvis songs as the 1972 hit Separate Ways, the holiday favorite If Every Day Was Like Christmas and the 1975 masterpiece of infidelity, If You Talk in Your Sleep, recorded at Stax.

West also composed or contributed to songs recorded by other artists, including Ricky Nelson, Pat Boone and Johnny Rivers. Post-Elvis, West became a full-time actor. I remember him in some of the films he was in!!!! That's a Nice Picture you posted of Elvis with Red West!!! Thanks Sadie!! RIP Red West

And Thanks for the Pictures you posted of the Little Rascals and Leonard Landy!!! I Don't really remember him either!! But, RIP Leonard Landy.

Sadly I don't think any of the Rascal Kids are alive anymore too. I tried to find out but, had no luck.

Thanks Sadie!!! My appointment went well. But, the trip was LONG as usual! Good Luck seeing your Shrink early in August!! Have Laundry FUN etc tomorrow. LOL! Was GREAT Catching Up with You!!!! I Hope you have a Good Weekend, My Friend!!!! Hope we catch up SOON!!!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! Yes, more famous people keep passing away almost everyday! :-(

I read now there are only three surviving 'Little Rascals'. I'm not sure who those three are, I'll have to research it later.

On second thought, I think I do recognize Leonard Landy. He was in 21 episodes of "Our Gang". Rest In Peace.

Thanks for sharing some more information about Red West. I thought that was a nice picture of him with Elvis too. Really??? He did songs for Ricky too?? I didn't know that! Awesome! Glad your appointment went well but sorry the trip sucked. My shrink's office is located in the same city as me but it's still a bit far away into a totally different part of town from where I live. So it takes a little while to get up there. Luckily I get free rides to appointments that are included with my particular insurance plan. Hope to catch up with you soon after your laundry day! I added some more news and stuff to the Beatles site that I think you'd be interested in! (Click here...)

Enjoy the last few days of July, my friend! Have a good August!! :-)

Patti Deutsch, a comic who was a regular on the last season of Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In, appeared often on the 1970s Match Game and went on to a successful voice-over career, has died. She was 73. Her family said she died Wednesday at her Los Angeles home after a long battle with cancer.

I remember her and those 2 shows! Rest In Peace!! :-(

Hey Sadie! I agree, it's Sad that more famous people keep passing away almost everyday!! :-(

I just tried searching for the three surviving members of the 'Little Rascals'. And I still can't find who they are?? Most of the lists I find are from 2014. Maybe you will have more luck than me finding them?

Thanks for posting this Picture! It's a very Clear picture that I'm sure was colorized. Looking at the picture I also think I recognize Leonard Landy!! Thanks for the information that he was in 21 episodes of "Our Gang"! RIP Leonard Landy

You're Welcome for sharing some more information about Red West!! YES! That was a Nice picture you posted of him with Elvis!! Yes, that's what I read. That he did some songs for Ricky too! I thought that would catch your eye, when I posted that!! ;-) COOL! Thanks!! Yes, my appointment went well seeing my shrink! The Trip there and back Always is Horrible, though!! I see that your Shrink is in the same city as where you live. But, sorry to hear it's in a totally different part of town. So, it's still a bit far away from where you live. That's So Great that you get free rides to appointments that are included with your particular insurance plan!!! :-) Yeah, had so much FUN yesterday doing Laundry!! LOL! Then had to get a few things from the stores across the street. I'll have to check out what you added over at the Beatles site when I'm done looking at what you posted here!! Thanks for the handy "Click Here" to the Beatles site!! ;-) Thanks!!! I Hope you have a Good August too!!! :-)

Thanks for posting the picture and the sad news about Patti Deutsch!! I remember her too from Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In and the Match Game!! RIP Patti Deutsch :-(

Thanks!!! I Hope you have a Good August too!!! :-) I'll see what you added over at the Beatles site! Have a Good Day My Friend!! :-)

Sadie! I Really Enjoyed all of the Great News you posted over at the Beatles Site!! Along with the Pics of the Tattoos!! GREAT!!! August the original Revolver and the Help! albums were released!  :-)
Hope you have a FAB Day My Friend!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! Glad you enjoyed all the good news I posted over at the Beatles site. I just posted one more story over there right now! I remembered August was the anniversary of the historic 1965 Shea Stadium concert but not the "Revolver" and "Help!" albums. UK or US release? Either way we still have some stuff to celebrate! Too bad BeatleGirl dosen't change the look of that site anymore to commemorate the occassions. Seems like she pretty much deserted that website and this one, and forgot all about us. Sad! :-(

According to an article I read today there's actually a few Little Rascals still alive! More than I thought! It said Lassie Lou Ahern, Robert Blake, Margaret Kerry, Sidney Kibrick and Mildred Kornman are reportedly still alive. Hopefully that's accurate. I agree those pictures of the one who recently died look very colorized. I wasn't even aware they made colorized versions of The Little Rascals?? Oh well, I much prefer the original black & white, of course. I've always loved "Our Gang" since I was a little kid myself. Such good, clean, cute, classic entertainment. :-)

Yeah, you sure get my attention whenever you mention Ricky! LOL!!! ;-)

I wonder what some of those songs Red West composed or contributed to him were? I never knew he became a full time actor after his stint with Elvis. Interesting! Thanks for sharing that! 

Monday is MY laundry day and Tuesday is my shopping day! Not fun at all! I will catch up with you as soon as possible though! Thanks for catching up with me! Have a good August, my friend! :-)

Hey Sadie! Thanks Again for all of that Good News!! Was GREAT News!!! :-) I'll check out the one more story you posted at the Beatles site!! Yeah, the Historic Beatles at Shea Stadium 1965 concert was on August 15, 1965!! :-) And the Help Album was released in the United Kingdom August 6, 1965 -Parlophone - and the United States August 13, 1965 - Capitol. :-) Yes, we have some stuff to celebrate!! :-) Yeah, it is Too Bad that BeatleGirl doesn't change the look of that site anymore to commemorate the occasions!! :-( Yes! It does seem like she pretty much deserted that website and this one too, and forgot all about us!!!! So SAD!!  :-( What can we do? Nothing.  :-(

WOW!! Five Little Rascals are still alive!!! More than I thought too!!! Hopefully that IS accurate! Especially for Them! Thanks for letting me know!! Yes, they did make some colorized versions of The Little Rascals!! Check out the link :

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Rascals-COLOR-Box-Set/dp/B000LP5D56

I also prefer the original black and white ones too!! I've Also Always Loved "Our Gang" since I was a little kid too!!! I Agree, such good, clean, cute, classic entertainment!!! :-)

re: "Yeah, you sure get my attention whenever you mention Ricky! LOL!!! ;-)"

LOL!!!!!!! :-)

Now that I looked further into it here is what I found: Red West also co-wrote "If You Think I Don't Need You" with Joey Cooper for the motion picture Viva Las Vegas. He teamed up with Joey Cooper again on "I'm A Fool", which Ricky Nelson recorded. "I'm A Fool" later became a hit for Dino, Desi and Billy. It seems his only collaboration with Ricky was that One song. Red West, some of the movies included 'Road House,' 'Walking Tall' and TV's 'Black Sheep Squadron.' And he did some acting parts in some other movies too. Yes Interesting!! You're Welcome for sharing that!! :-)

Red West in Roadhouse

I didn't have too much time on the computer today. I'll check out your latest post on the Beatles site tomorrow!!! I see Today is Your Laundry Day. Oh What FUN! And Tomorrow 'Tuesday' is your Shopping Day! YES!! NOT FUN at All!!! I Know!!! :-( Hope we can catch up as soon as possible my friend!!! Thanks for catching up with Me TOO!!! :-) Thanks!!! Tomorrow is August! :-) Hope You have a Good August Too, My Friend!!! :-) Will catch up Soon!!! :-)

I forgot to add this!! Revolver was released on August 5, 1966 in the United Kingdom and on August 8th in the United States. ;-)

Hey Beatlebob! Thanks for the compliment on my peace sign! And thank you for that link to the colorized Little Rascals DVD. I forgot Ricky Nelson did "I'm A Fool" too. I always think of it as a one hit wonder song from Dino, Desi and Billy. Co-written by Red West? Cool! I've seen that movie "Roadhouse". I was sad when Patrick Swayze died. He was still too young. I haven't had too much time on the computer lately either. I posted a link on the Beatles site to an article about Paul McCartney reportedly writing a new song about Donald Trump. That should be interesting! LOL!!! 

French actress Jeanne Moreau dies at age 89.

I'm not sure if I know her from any movies or not but RIP anyway!

Have a fab August, Beatlebob! :-)

Hey Sadie! I wasn't online yesterday. Since it was nice out, my Mother said we should go grocery shopping. LOL!! FUN!! Then I had to pick up my prescriptions too, etc. You're Welcome for the compliment on your peace sign!! GROOVY! Did you choose it for the 50th anniversary of the Summer Of Love? Either way, I Like It!! :-) You're Also Welcome for that link to the colorized Little Rascals DVD!! I see Why you forgot Ricky Nelson did "I'm A Fool", being you always think of it as a one hit wonder song from Dino, Desi and Billy!! LOL! Yes, it's COOL that it was co-written by Red West! I've seen that movie "Roadhouse" many times over the years too. Yes, it was Sad when Patrick Swayze died, he Was Still Too Young!  :-( I understand why you haven't had too much time on the computer lately either!! :-( Same for me. Always something we have to take care of, etc! I'll Certainly check out that link you posted on the Beatles site!! WOW!!! An article about Paul McCartney reportedly writing a new song about Donald Trump!!! That Really should be Interesting!!! LOL!!!!!!! :-)

French actress Jeanne Moreau dies at age 89. I'm not sure if I know her from any movies or not either? But, I found some information about her personal life.
She was formerly married to Jean-Louis Richard (1949–1964) and then to American film director William Friedkin (1977–1979). Director Tony Richardson left his wife, Vanessa Redgrave, for her in 1967 but they never married. She also had affairs with directors Louis Malle and François Truffaut, fashion designer Pierre Cardin, jazz trumpeter Miles Davis and Theodoros Roubanis, the Greek actor/playboy.
Moreau was a close friend of Sharon Stone, who presented a 1998 American Academy of Motion Pictures life tribute to Moreau. Orson Welles called her "the greatest actress in the world", and she remained one of France's most accomplished actresses.  RIP Jeanne Moreau

Sadie! I left some comments on the Beatles site in "Beatles Children" and "Paul One On One Tour 2017". I Enjoyed All of it!!! GREAT!!!!! From reading what Paul said in the article I'm Sure the song Won't be in favor of Trump!! LOL!!!!! I Really Look forward to hearing This Song!! And His new Album when it's released!! :-) And "Dhani Harrison", has announced his debut solo album. IN///PARALLEL is out October 6 via BMG." Loved listening to "All About Waiting"!! GREAT!!! :-) "For You Blue" Dhani Harrison. WOW He sounds just like George!!!!!! You're Right, Sadie!! Looks and Sounds just like George!! :-) Dhani wasn't born, he was cloned. LOL!!! GREAT!! I posted a few of Dhani's videos there. I Loved what you posted!! Thanks!!! :-) Have a FAB August My Friend!!!  :-)

Sadie! Where You on This Site Yesterday while I posted the reply here?? After I clicked on home and posted my status, I noticed there was a green circle under your Icon on the front page. But, I had to sign off Quickly!!! While I answering the reply in the "Rest In Peace" page there was heavy thunder and lightning going on here!! So, I signed out. Then turned my computer down!! I didn't want to take a chance on damaging my computer and modem etc! I have enough problems with my computer as it is! We had Bad Storms here all after noon!!

Another thing I've noticed when being on This Site and on the Beatles Site. After I log out the green circle that's under My Icon on the front page still stays on. This happens a lot!! And sometimes it doesn't happen? I wonder if it's my Browser? Or What? Strange! Anyway, I Really Enjoyed the Latest Paul McCartney News and the news about Dhani Harrison!!! I just had to listen to "For You Blue" Dhani Harrison, after you talked about it! I wanted to post a video there and posted two more videos of Dhani  singing George's songs!! He Sounds So Much Like George!!!! :-) Can't wait for that song By Paul about Trump!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! :-)

I might not be online tomorrow? I Might have to go with my Mother Tomorrow to get new eye glasses? Her lenses are really scratched up bad!! And the place she goes to is in a Bad area!! She's afraid to go there by herself! She has to find out first if the prescription for the glasses are still good. She had it for a while now and kept putting it off for one reason or another. Will see? Then Saturday is Laundry FUN again!!! But, I'll catch up with you again as soon as I can!!!!! Have a FAB Day and a FAB Weekend!!! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019