Here is a spot to discuss and pay tribute to classic celebrities that have recently passed away.

(Since it's a new year and the old "RIP" topic has 40 pages, I figured it's about time we got a new space. The only rule is to keep everything respectful!) 

Views: 348

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RIP Daryl Dragon from 1970s duo Captain & Tennille

Beatlebob, hope to hear from you soon! Thanks for posting those New Years photos! I really enjoyed the blue Beatles one! Don't worry about catching up with me. Just take your time. I understand! Have a wonderful 2019!

Hey Sadie! I see you started a New "Rest In Peace" Page. "(Since it's a new year and the old "RIP" topic has 40 pages, I figured it's about time we got a new space. The only rule is to keep everything respectful!)"

I see what you mean!! WOW! 40 pages on the old RIP section! Good idea since it's a New Year!

I Still have to reply to what you posted on page 40, yet!! Have been busy with stuff around here and taking care of my mother and doing the usual things that need to be done! All I have time for Today is to reply to your New Post!! Sorry My Friend!! But, when I find the time I'll reply to page 40!!

Busy this week. Mother's doctor appointment tomorrow. It's at a busy clinic. Wait there forever! Then I Have to Deal with DAMN Medicaid starting Tuesday!! And on and on during the week!! FUN!! No Medicaid coverage anymore. It ended on December 31. They Still haven't Finished doing my RE-CERT Yet!!! Have to call them Tuesday! But, I'm sure it's going to take longer before they finish it!!! :-(

SAD!! I didn't know Daryl Dragon from The Captain & Tennille passed away! :-( Thanks for letting me know and posting the Video of "Love Will Keep Us Together"!!! I really liked that song! Cool that's its the "official video"!! RIP Daryl Dragon (August 27, 1942 - January 2, 2019). Sad that this is the First One for 2019! :-( I fear more to come. Yes!! It's still hard to believe so many legendary people are no longer with us!! :-(

I'm Glad you finally got around to watching the Jeff Beck documentary!! And Glad you enjoyed it!! I see you've been extremely busy lately and will be this month too!! You have a lot of appointments to deal with!!! FUN!! I Wish You The BEST with them!!! I Surely Understand My Friend!!! I see you said you probably won't be back until mid February or so! I'm Glad you found the time the stop by!!! :-) You're Welcome for posting those New Years photos!!! I'm Glad you enjoyed the Blue Beatles One!! I remember you liked that one when I posted it before!! :-)

I wanted to at least catch up with your New Page today!!!! Thanks for understanding!! I Sure understand why you've been so busy too!!! And will be with so many appointments coming up!! I just Hope we can catch up whenever we can Soon!! I'm going to Miss You My Friend!!! And have been missing you!!! I Wish You All the BEST This Month!!! And through the New Year!!!
Thanks!!! Hope You Have A Wonderful New Year Too, My Friend!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! No problem, don't worry about rushing your response! I understand your new year got off to a busy start! So did mine! In fact, I hate to say it but I probably won't be back online until February. Thanks for understanding that I made a new "Rest In Peace" topic and participating in it. The other one had too many pages! Yeah I didn't know that he died either until I read about it online. I haven't heard it on TV or the radio or anywhere else. I noticed that lately some of the older classic celebrities aren't getting much media coverage in death, mostly just online. Sad! RIP Daryl Dragon. I always loved that song too! And I like some of their other tunes too like "Muskrat Love", etc... 

RIP Eric Haydock of The Hollies

More sad news. I love so many Hollies songs but "Bus Stop" is my favorite.

Good to hear from you again Beatlebob! I tried not to write too much here today so you can easily catch up on everything I said on page 40 of the old topic, if you still want to.

I hope your new year is going alright so far! Thanks again for sharing that blue Beatles one! I'm glad you remembered how it was always one of my favorite of your Photoshop creations! That and the one of them popping champagne are great for New Years! I also liked the "Groovier New Year" one! Great collage! :-) 

Happy 2019!!! :-) 

Hey Sadie! Wanted to catch up with page 40 from the Old RIP pages first. Sadly more deaths to report in late December! Thanks for posting them along with the pictures! I also don't know much about the Buzzcocks band! I've heard of them but, don't remember their songs. I see you remember a few songs by them. RIP Pete Shelley! Sad that he died at age 63. And Sad to hear about Honey Lantree, from "The Honeycombs"!! I remember them, and remember their song "Have I The Right?"!! I Really liked that song too!! I See you have that on vinyl! Cool!! I agree! They were a Really Unique Band for having a Female drummer! Especially in the early 60's!! RIP Honey Lantree Yes! More Sad News!! Rest In Peace to Both Of Them!

You're So Welcome for sharing some Christmas themed photos!! I'm Glad you enjoyed them!! :-) I see that you tried posting to few vintage Christmas / New Years themed pictures too. Sorry to hear that the site kept having glitches and they wouldn't go through!! :-( I see you tried a few time before finally giving up! It's SAD that those glitches happen sometimes. It seems to be working better now. Knock on Wood! Thanks for trying!! So Glad you finally got around to watching the Jeff Beck documentary!!! And thought it was Great! Was Cool seeing George Martin in that! Along with the other Great guitarists! Was Very Interesting, and I really enjoyed it too!! You're Welcome for the recommendation!! Glad you noticed that I also shared some photos over at the Beatles site too!! I Really Liked the ones that you shared there too!!! I wasn't on there long. Sorry that I didn't have time to comment on the pictures you posted there!! I also wish I had more time to participate in both sites!! :-( I know you have been extremely busy!! And knew you would be in 2019 too!! Thanks for letting me know that you looked at All the pictures I posted and enjoyed all of them!! :-) Even though you didn't have enough time to comment on ALL of them!! I Surely Understand!! Yeah, this topic had 40 pages!!! WOW!!! I'm Glad you decided to start a New One for 2019!!! YES!! Sadly many people have passed away in this 2010's decade!! :-( And it IS hard to believe 2020 is just around the corner!!! WOW!! I Know the deaths that saddened you the most this decade were David Cassidy and Davy Jones!!!! :-( And I also Know that there were so many others that broke your heart as well!!! :-( I also was Very Saddened about quite a few deaths in this decade!! :-( I Sure know what you mean!! It's very hard to believe so many legendary people are no longer with us!!! :-(

You're Welcome for keeping you updated about all my health results!!! I'm Glad you enjoyed reading all of that health stuff!! Because it's your goal to become a registered nurse one day!!! I Think that's Great!!! It's a Very Noble and Rewarding Profession!! And I Wish You the Best to achieve your goal successfully!!! It will take time and effort. But, I have faith in you to become a registered nurse one day!! I'm Sure You Will!!!

Thanks for the Good Luck Wishes about my Medicaid RE-CERT!!!! I Still didn't receive anything in the mail about my Medicaid RE-CERT!! "So, This past Tuesday I called Medicaid and found out that they Finally Approved My Re-Cert!!!!" :-) I told her I still never received anything about it in the mail. She said that's odd, and said it should come soon. She said if it doesn't come in the mail by two weeks from now to call them and request that they send me a copy! I'm Glad at least that I have coverage till the end of April!!! :-) Till I have to send them another payment for continuing coverage starting in May. Because of the COLA raise the next amount I send them will most likely go up. And they STILL don't know what the New amount will be yet! LOL!! :-( But, she said I will receive a statement about the New Amount way before I make my next payment, in the beginning of April for coverage to start in May. Makes me Laugh!! Because I still didn't receive the Statement in the mail saying my Medicaid was approved till April!! I'm HOPING they Will send me the Updated Statement for the new amount to pay them!! Otherwise will have to make more phone calls to Hopefully find out before I send out my next check to them!! What A Joke!!! As Always with them!!! LOL! Right after I talked to them I called my MD to set up an appointment to go over my Cat Scan results, and also am due for my annual exam. The soonest appointment I could get is February 7. So, will see what my MD has to say then? When I called to set up the appointment, I asked if they could check the computer to see that I'm covered for Medicaid, to make sure!! They did, and told me I'm covered. So far that's the story with this stuff! Finally am covered till April!!!! :-)

Thanks My Friend!!!!! I Hope YOU have a Wonderful 2019 Too!!! Lets Hope for the BEST!!! Well, as you know I did share a few New Year's photos here and at the Beatles site. Even though you told me you'll be taking a break from the internet. And probably won't be back until mid February or so. Because you have so many appointments to deal with!! I Surely Understood!! But, I'm So Glad that you had a chance to catch up with me anyway!! :-) And Thanks for saying you're really going to miss me!!! I Really Miss You Too!!! And Thanks for posting the Two COOL Happy New Year Beatles Photos!!! Nice ones in Color!!! :-) Thanks!!! Hope You Have a FAB New Year Too, My Friend!!! :-)

Back to where we "left off", on your New Space you made for the "RIP" topic!! :-)

Thanks for understanding that my New Year got off to a busy start, like yours did!!! Sorry to hear you probably won't be back online until February!! But, I Sure Understand!!! I've been busy too. And will still be busy this month! Have to take my cat this Tuesday to get her nails clipped again. And have other things here to take care of too. Then next week I see my Shrink on Tuesday then Thursday have to take my Mother to a Neurologist for her Sleep problems!! I bought a bottle of Melatonin 5 MG capsules. That didn't help her! After talking to the nurse at the senior center, she was told to try taking Two of them. She tried taking Melatonin 10 MG, and that still didn't help her sleep!! Just made her feel drowsy and relaxed, but No Sleep! :-( So, I Hope the Neurologist can help her with This!!! This has gotten way out of hand already!!! Maybe he can prescribe something for her to take? Will see?? And all the other usual things I have to take care of as usual.

You're So Welcome for understanding that you made a new "Rest In Peace" topic, and participating in it!! I'm Glad you did!!! The other one sure did have too many pages already!! Thanks for letting me know that these days some of the older classic celebrities aren't getting much media coverage in death, "mostly just online"!! I was wondering why I haven't heard about them on TV!! I see you didn't know that he died either until you read about it online!! YES!! SAD!! RIP Daryl Dragon. I see you always loved that song too!! And I see you like some of their other tunes too like "Muskrat Love" and some others. They Did have some very Nice songs!! Sadly I see another new death!! Thanks for posting the Video and letting me know that Eric Haydock of The Hollies passed away too!!! SAD!! "Eric Haydock, the bassist who co-founded the British band The Hollies in 1962 and remained in the lineup until 1966, died January 5th." Yes, more Sad News!! Thanks again for posting the Video!!! "Bus Stop" is also my favorite song from The Hollies!!! But, I really like a lot of the songs The Hollies did too!!! RIP Eric Haydock

It was So Good to hear from you again, Sadie!!!! Thanks for not trying to write too much here on Tuesday so I can easily catch up on everything you said on page 40 of the old topic!!! I appreciate that!! That's why I started off with page 40 , I Really wanted to catch up!!! :-) Thanks!!! I Hope You're New Year IS Going Alright So Far Too!!!! It has been Very Cold lately though!! I imagine it's the same where you live!! Well, it's Winter!! You're Welcome for sharing that blue Beatles one!!! Thanks for telling me You're Glad that I remembered how it was always one of your favorite ones of my Photoshop creations!!! :-) I remembered how much you liked that one, and the one with them popping champagne!!! :-) Yeah, those are nice for New Years!! :-) I'm also Glad you liked the "Groovier New Year" one too!!! :-) Thanks My Friend!!! So Glad You Enjoyed those Old Photoshops!!

Thanks!!!! I Hope You Have A Happy 2019 Too!!!!!!!

Hope we can manage to catch up sometime soon!!! I Really Miss You!!! BEST WISHES, MY FRIEND!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! Thanks for finally taking the time to catch up with my post on page 40 of the old "Rest In Peace" topic! I don't have much time to write today, my new year got off to a super busy start! It's been snowing badly in my area and my Internet connection has been down alot due to the weather! I actually had to cancel some of my appointments because of the bad weather!! Glad you still have coverage until April! And that's good how you took your mother and cat to their appointments! Hopefully the winter weather in your area isn't as bad as it is here! Sadly there's been two more classic celeb deaths. RIP singer Shirley Boone and comedian Carol Channing.

I never knew Pat & Shirley Boone's daughter is singer Debby Boone who had a hit in 1977 with a song called "You Light Up My Life". Interesting fact! Carol Channing was so funny. I liked the movies "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and "Skidoo", etc. RIP to both.

Beatlebob, I'm already looking forward to any Valentine's Day themed photos you might post soon for February! And maybe George Harrison birthday stuff you might share over at the Beatles site? I haven't been on there in so long! I wonder if Mike Pell still participates? I am so far behind on his podcast series! I hate how I barely have any time to be online anymore but that's how it is when you're studying to become a nurse! I really miss you and both of the sites! I'm glad they are both still around even if they're not that active anymore! Well I've got to run now but will talk to you later! Have a fab January, my friend! :-) 

Hey Sadie! You're Welcome for taking the time to catch up with your post on page 40 of the old "Rest In Peace" topic!!! I Really wanted to catch up with that!! I Sure Understand why you didn't have much time to write!! Thank You for writing even though you've been so busy!! I see that your New Year got off to a Super Busy start!! I'm So Sorry to hear that it's been Snowing Badly in your area!! :-( And because of that your Internet connection has been down a lot due to the weather!!! That Sucks!!! :-( And I see you actually had to cancel some of your appointments because of the bad weather there!!!! But, I'm Glad you did!! Way Too Dangerous to be traveling in weather like that!!! You'll just have to reschedule. What can you do? Thanks!! I'm sure the winter weather in my area isn't as bad where you are!! But, it's been Very Cold here!! We had a tiny bit of snow but, it didn't amount to much of anything! Late tonight and into tomorrow we are supposed to get a mix of snow, freezing rain, and then rain. But, it all depends on the shifting currents to see how much snow and sleet we will get in my area? Then Sunday night into Monday the temps will drop Very Low!! Only around 17 degrees on Monday morning. They said with the wind chill factor it might feel like it 10 below zero! I'm not going outside on Monday!! LOL!! But, still not as bad where you are!! I Hope the weather improves there SOON!!!! Sorry you have to go through that!! Thanks!! I'm Glad I still have coverage until April too!! But, late yesterday I finally received the paperwork from Medicaid about my Re-Cert! It was dated December 5, 2018! Sure took long to get here!! Reading the information about my Re-Cert they sent, it's All Messed Up!!! :-( Wrong amounts stated etc., and one of the pages they sent me asked if I want to enroll in the Medicaid Savings Program. That they will pay for my Medicare Deductible and help pay for co-pays for doctors that only accept Medicare, not Medicaid. BUT, if I join my monthly spend down amount I send them will go from $51 to $171 a month if I join!! WTF?? I Can't afford That!! And the form said to check the box If I want to join or, check the box that I don't want it. And send it back "within 30 days from the date of the letter". Which was dated December 5, 2018! It's not my fault I got the letter over a Month late!!! Now, I have to call and see what I can do about this on Tuesday!!! Monday is a Holiday. Medicaid Keeps messing with me!!! :-( Will see what I can do to fix this New Mess!! Always something with them!!! :-(

Yeah, I'm glad that I took my mother and my cat to their appointments! This Tuesday I have an appointment to see my Shrink. But, I'm going to have to cancel that, and try for yet another phone visit!! Because of the way I'm still feeling. And I got to call Medicaid that day too about the MESS I mentioned!! Thursday I'm taking my mother to see a Neurologist for both her sleep problems and her memory issues!! She's in bad shape because she can't sleep at night!! And this has been going on for a few months now!!! She's lucky if she gets an hour or two of sleep, sometimes no sleep at all!! I Sure Hope the doctor can Help Her!! I'm Really Worried about her!! And the weather Might be bad the day I have to go with her?? I Hope Not!!! Hope we can make it there!! So, I'll be busy this coming week.

I see Sadly there's been two more classic celeb deaths!! :-( I heard about Carol Channing on the news. Sad! But, not Shirley Boone. RIP to them Both!

Thanks for posting the info and the pictures!! WOW!! I never knew that Pat & Shirley Boone's daughter is singer Debby Boone either!! Yes, she had that hit song "You Light Up My Life"!! I sure remember that song!! Yes, an Interesting fact!! Thanks for sharing that with me!! I also thought that Carol Channing was so funny!! I remember her in "Thoroughly Modern Millie"! And seen her on various shows as a guest. She was Very Funny!!

I'm Glad you're already looking forward to any Valentine's Day themed photos that I might post soon for February!!! And for George Harrison birthday too!!! I Sure Will post a few for Both occasions!! Yeah, I also, haven't been on The Beatles site in quite a while too!!! The last time Mike Pell posted something over there was on December 30th. I just looked. I'm sure he will keep participating there, mainly if one of his podcasts has a Beatles Song!! I'm also very far behind on his podcast series!!! :-( I can imagine you hate barely having any time to be online anymore!!! :-( But, I understand!! Not only being busy with Doctor appointments, and doing laundry etc. But, that's how it is too, when you're Busy studying to become a nurse!!! All of that takes up a lot of your time!!! I'm Glad to hear from you whenever you can!! I Know you've been Very Busy!!! I've been busy with things too! Thanks, My Friend!!! I Really Miss You Too!!!! And being more active on both of the sites too!! I'm also, so Glad that both sites are still around, even if they're not that active anymore!!!

Thanks So Much for stopping by!!! So Glad to hear from you when I can!!! Hope we both get a chance to catch up again Soon!!!! Thanks!! I Hope you have a FAB January too, My Friend!!! :-) Be Safe and Stay Warm!!! I Hope the Snow and bad weather there lets up SOON!!!!

Hey Beatlebob! Thanks for catching up! Sorry I haven't been online in so long. The weather has been horrible here and I've been very sick with a sore throat, etc... The roads were so icy I ended up not being able to go to that "Ricky Nelson Remembered" show! I was so sad to miss it but hopefully I will see it again someday! I've already seen it a few times and decided it wasn't worth risking my life over! I see you've been busy lately with some appointments and stuff too. Did you hear another classic comedian passed away? Have you ever seen the show "The Mothers In Law"? Her and Eve Arden were so funny!  

RIP Kaye Ballard

(1925 - 2019) 

I hope you've been alright! I really miss you and both sites too! I'm glad to see they are both still around for this new year! I was surprised to see the Beatles one finally has a new layout. I can't help but wonder if it was Ann who changed it or whoever else took over the site as administrator? Anyhow, it's a nice change! I plan on visiting that site later on this month for George Harrison birthday celebration and to catch up with Mike Pell and anything else new there. Looking forward to any Photoshops you might share, even if they're recycled! Happy Valentine's Day, my friend! :-)

Hey Sadie! I just happened to finally have a chance to be online a bit today! When I came to this site I seen that you posted some things here!! :-) So, Thank You for catching up with me too!! Don't be sorry for not being online in so long!! I Understand!!! I've been very busy too!! I haven't been on here since January 19th myself! I'm Very Sorry to hear that the weather has been horrible where you are!!! And that you've been very sick with a sore throat!! :-( I Hope you start Feeling Better Soon!!! And I see because the roads were so icy you ended up not being able to go to that "Ricky Nelson Remembered" show!!! :-( So Sorry to hear it!! I can imagine you were sad you couldn't make it there!!! I Hope you'll be able to see it again someday!!! Yes, I know you already seen it a few times! You're Right about deciding it wasn't worth risking your life over to make it to the show with the roads being like that, and being sick too!!! I'm Sure someday you'll see it again!! Yes, I've also been very busy with appointments and stuff too!! No, I didn't know that Kaye Ballard passes away. :-( Thanks for posting her picture and letting me know!! SAD!! I vaguely remember that show "The Mothers In Law". But, I remember seeing Kaye Ballard on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson many times! She was a Very Funny Person!!!
RIP Kaye Ballard

Thanks for hoping I've been alright!!! I've been so busy with things here, and taking my Mother for tests that the Neurologist ordered for her. For her sleep problems and her memory issues!! Took her for blood work, and this Friday I'm taking her for a Brain MRI. So far the medication he prescribed for Sleep my Mother's been taking isn't working for her! :-( Hopefully soon after her Brain MRI on Friday is done, we will know more about her condition!! Just waiting and Hoping for the BEST!!
Last Thursday I finally saw my MD to go over the cat scan results with her. The CT Chest cat scan. And had my annual exam. She gave me blood tests, an EKG, and also gave me pneumococcal pneumonia vaccine shot. Have to wait for the results from the blood work and take it from there with her. Will see what happens? Was supposed to take my Mother to her foot doctor tomorrow because she is having bad pain in her toes!! But, I think we might have to cancel because starting early tomorrow morning we are getting snow between 3 and 6 inches they said, and later in the day it's turning over to sleet and eventually rain late in the evening! The appointment is at 2 PM, so I doubt we will go. And I'm Still having problems with Medicaid!! I'm going to see a Social Worker at my Mother's senior center to try to get help with this!! But between the weather and taking my Mother to tests etc, I have to wait for a day or two when it's both convenient for me and her to see her!! Still not feeling too well, and am so Stressed over my Mother's condition!! That's the story here.

Thanks My Friend!!! I Really Miss You too and both sites too!! I'm Also so glad to see they are both still around for this new year!!! :-) I just looked at the Beatles one to see what you were talking about. WOW!! It's Great that they finally have a new layout there!! And I see they used 2 of the pictures I made in photoshop a couple of years ago on the front page!! COOL! Yes, it is a Nice change!! :-) Yeah, I also wonder IF it was Ann who changed it or, whoever else took over the site as administrator? Who knows?? I see you plan on visiting that site later on this month for George Harrison birthday celebration!! And to also catch up with Mike Pell and anything else new there. I'm Hoping to do the same!! Shortly after the last time I was on This site, I sent Mike Pell a short email telling him why I haven't been on the sites etc. Why I have been so busy. And will catch up with him when things hopefully calm down a bit for me.

Thanks So Much for posting the two Pictures of The Beatles for Valentine's Day!! From that same photoshoot!! Always Enjoyed those pictures and Great for Valentine's Day!! And Thanks for posting the Song "All You Need Is Love" under the first photo!!! Sounded Great!!! Love that song and also Great for Valentine's Day!!! :-) I'll post a couple of recycled Photoshops here today! Hope you enjoy seeing them again!! I don't know if I'll be able to be on the computer on Valentine's Day or not yet? That's another reason why I wanted to come to This Site today!! Thanks My Friend!!! A Happy Valentine's Day to You!!! So Glad we caught up a bit!!!! I Hope you get rid of your sore throat, etc..SOON!!!! And Hope we get a chance to catch up again soon, Hopefully around George Harrison's birthday!!! Sending All My BEST WISES To You!!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! Thanks for keeping me updated on what's been going on with you and your mother lately. Glad you are both going to the doctor. I wish you both all the best! Thank you for posting all that Valentine's Day stuff! I still LOVE those photos of The Beatles with roses! And I'm looking forward to any George Harrison stuff you will share soon too for his birthday, on both sites. I noticed a few new members joined the Beatles site, and the layout changed. Good to know that someone is still running that site, even if it's not Ann. I think Ning is only shutting down sites that are inactive. I hope it and Retro Sugar will last until at least 2020. I wish I could catch up more with you today but I feel horrible because Peter Tork has passed away!!! I am so devastated. I felt physically ill and nearly fainted when I heard the news this morning and have been crying all day. It's crazy to think how just a week ago I was celebrating his birthday, which is the day before Valentine's, February 13. I can hardly believe it. It reminds me of when David Bowie died, we celebrated his birthday just one day before. So shocking! Davy Jones also died in February, back in 2012. It's gonna be different and sad watching The Monkees TV show again. That's how I feel when I watch The Partridge Family now, knowing 3 cast members are dead. It just feels so weird and unreal!!! This year sucks already! I am ready for 2019 and this whole damn decade to finally be over with! It was full of so many awful celebrity deaths! I want to start off fresh and new. Interesting how we will be in the "Roaring 20s" again soon. It's painful to even type this but...

RIP Peter Tork

(1942 - 2019)

Peter Tork, a rock/folk/blues musician who became a teeny-bopper sensation as a member of the Monkees, the wisecracking, made-for-TV pop group that imitated and briefly outsold the Beatles, died Feb. 21. He was 77. His death was confirmed by his sister Anne Thorkelson, who did not say where or how he died. Tork was diagnosed with adenoid cystic carcinoma, a rare cancer affecting his tongue, in 2009.

Micky Dolenz said on Twitter: "There are no words right now...heart broken over the loss of my Monkee brother, Peter Tork."

Mike Nesmith said on Facebook:

And there were many other celebrities paying tribute through social media such as Brian Wilson, Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere & the Raiders, etc... 

Beatlebob, I know you'll understand that I'll be taking a break from the Internet for a bit, as I always do when I'm devastated over something! It's always great to hear from you though. You always seem to lift my spirits even under the darkest circumstances! I will be back in March so see you then! :-) 

Hey Sadie! So Good to hear from you!! You're Welcome for keeping you updated about me and my mom!! Thank You for wishing us all the Best!!! I've been very busy! I'm doing paperwork for things on the days in between Doctor visits, cleaning, laundry, food shopping, and helping my Mother, etc!!! I'm always tired and stressed!!! SUCKS!!! But, that's the way it is lately!! Will be very busy this upcoming week too!! You're Welcome for posting all of those Valentine's Day things!! So Glad you Still Love those photos of The Beatles with roses!!! :-) I'll try to share a couple of photos today for George Harrison's birthday! Yeah, I also just noticed a few new members joined the Beatles site! And I like the Layout change too!!! YES! It is Good to know that someone is still running that site, even if it's not Ann!! Hopefully Ning only shuts down sites that are inactive!! Seems like the case!! I also Hope the Both sites will last to at least 2020!!! That would be Great!!!

WOW!!!! I didn't even know that Peter Tork died!!!! :-( I'm So Sorry to hear this!!!! :-( No wonder you feel so horrible!!! :-( It's So Sad!!!! I'm sure you are devastated about this!! :-( I'm So Sorry you felt ill and nearly fainted when you heard the news the morning he died and were crying all day!!! :-( I can only imagine!!! :-( I feel so sorry that he passed away too!!!! :-( I'm sure you could hardly believe it. Being that you were celebrating his birthday, which is the day before Valentine's, February 13!! :-( This is Unreal!! Yes, I remember when David Bowie died, we celebrated his birthday just one day before!!! And when Davy Jones also died in February, back in 2012! So Shocking!! I'm sure it's going to be different and sad watching The Monkees TV show again!!! :-( Just like how you feel when you watch The Partridge Family now, knowing 3 cast members are dead!!! :-( Really!!!! It sure feels so weird and unreal!!! :-( I know what you mean!!! This Year SUCKS Already!!!! :-( The past few years and this year so far, was so full of so many awful celebrity deaths!!!! :-( I can't wait till this Decade is over with too!!!! Yes, it IS interesting how we will be in the "Roaring 20's" again soon!! I like how you put that!! I can imagine it was so painful for you to even type this about Peter!!!! :-(

Thank You for posting the Very Nice Color Photo of Peter!!! Along with what was said about him under the photo!!! And what Micky Dolenz said on Twitter!!! And also what Mike Nesmith said on Facebook!!! Very Touching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I see there were many other celebrities paying tribute through social media such as Brian Wilson, Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere & the Raiders, etc!!!!

And Thank You for sharing the Video of "Come On In" - The Monkees!!! Great Tribute to Peter Tork with a lot of Great Pictures!!!! Loved It!!!! So SAD!!! I WILL Miss Him Too!!!!! RIP Peter Tork

Yes, I certainly Understand why you'll be taking a break from the Internet for a bit!!! Just as you always do when you are devastated over something!!! :-( It's Always Great to hear from you too, My Friend!!!! And Thank You for the Very Kind Words!!!! Just Hang In There!!! This is Life! It happens!! As it happened many times before!!! Very Understandable why you feel so devastated over this!!! But, as time goes on, You WILL get through this, yet again!!!! I just feel so Bad for You!!!! Feel Better, My Friend!!!! And we Will catch up in March!!!! Will see You then!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! Wow! Sounds like you've been super busy lately! So busy you didn't even hear the sad news about Peter Tork's death. I feel so horrible! I've also been tired and stressed out lately and this just tops everything off! Now I feel like absolute shit!!! I knew he had been sick with cancer for a while and recently stopped performing with the other Monkees which got me worried. I had a bad feeling it was coming soon! Just didn't think it would happen this soon! And it still doesn't make it any easier now that it's actually happened! I'm glad he at least got to participate in the Monkees Christmas album last year, which is now like a final farewell for him. :-(

Glad you enjoyed the Peter pictures and videos I shared though! I see you actually remembered that episode called "One Man Shy". I've always hated that episode and found it difficult to watch because it made me so jealous! LOL!!!! But it's a classic one though. The other one about the deal with the devil is alright too but I much prefer the earlier episodes from Season 1. Season 2 had some good musical performances in it but the stories got a bit too crazy and psychedelic! I like that song called "Come On In" too, which was originally by another great 60s band, The Association. I agree that is a nice slideshow of photos! I remember watching that YouTube video in 2012, when he was alive. It's sad now! It's true how he was always "lovable". I heard he was always nice to fans. I've never heard a bad story about him or Davy. RIP to them both. 

Wow! I didn't know that Beverly Owens, who was the first "Marilyn Munster" in the Munsters TV show also passed away on the same day, Thursday February 21, 2019 at age 82. I didn't hear about it until now. I guess Peter's death overshadowed every other news for me that day. RIP to her. Good to know the other "Marilyn" (Pat Priest) is still around.

RIP Beverly Owens

(1937 - 2019)

"The Munsters" is another one of those shows that makes me feel sad when I watch it, knowing most of the cast members are now dead. Eventhough she only played the "Marilyn" character for 15 episodes, Season 1 will be even sadder now! I can only imagine how sad Butch Patrick who played "Eddie Munster" must feel this weekend, since he was good friends with both her and Peter Tork. :-(

Beatlebob, thanks for understanding that I will be taking a short break from the Internet. I just quickly stopped by here to read your response, catch up a bit, see the George Harrison stuff you posted and mention that Munsters cast member's death. Happy George Harrison birthday celebration to you too! Thanks for sharing all those awesome purple collages both here and on the Beatles site! I'm obviously not in a good mood lately to celebrate much but I will probably watch the "Living In The Material World" documentary since the "Concert For George" is too sad, especially now with Tom Petty & Billy Preston gone. I still need to buy that DVD called "George Fest" which I've only heard the soundtrack of, and the new version of his autobiography book called "I, Me, Mine". I like the new cover! It's an improvement over the last version.

Have you seen that new movie about Queen and Freddie Mercury called "Bohemian Rhapsody" yet? I heard lots of good reviews about it! I want to finally see it soon, along with the upcoming Elton John biopic called "Rocketman". Well I've got to go now. It was great hearing from you again, eventhough it's a sad day! You always manage to cheer me up! Thanks for being my friend! Best wishes to you and your mother. Enjoy the rest of February. See you again in March... :-)

Hey Sadie! So Good to hear from you! I'm Sorry it took a while to get back to you again! But, I have been super busy lately!! And Still Am!! Yes, I was so busy I didn't even hear the sad news about Peter Tork's death!! :-( I can imagine you feel so Horrible!! :-( I'm So Sorry you also have been so tired and stressed out lately too!!! And with Peter's Death, that's all you needed on top of everything else!!! :-( I HOPE by now you are feeling somewhat better, at least!!! But, I understand if you don't! I see you knew he had been sick with cancer for a while and recently stopped performing with the other Monkees which of course made you worried. Because of that you had a bad feeling it was coming soon! But, you just didn't think it would happen so soon, like it did!! With all of that said, I'm sure it doesn't make it any easier on you now that it's actually happened!! :-( I'm Glad to hear too that he at least got to participate in the Monkees Christmas album last year!! Which is now like a final farewell for him!! :-(

Thanks Again!! I Did enjoy the Peter pictures and videos you posted!!!! Yes, I actually do remember that episode called "One Man Shy"!! I can imagine you always hated that episode and found it difficult to watch, because it made you so jealous! LOL!!!!!!! I thought the other one about the deal with the devil was alright too! But, I see you prefer the earlier episodes from Season 1. And season 2 had some good musical performances in it but the stories got a bit too crazy and psychedelic!!! LOL!! To be honest with you I always Loved the musical performances more than the stories when watching the episodes!!! LOL! Sometimes the stories got a bit too lame for me. On some episodes, anyway! OH!! I knew that song sounded familiar!! "Come On In" was originally by "The Association", I agree they were a GREAT Band too!!! Yes, that video had a very nice slideshow of photos in it!!! I see you remember watching that YouTube video in 2012, when he was alive. But Yes, it's Sad now! I agree, he was always a Loveable person!! I also heard he was Always nice to his fans! I also never heard a bad story about him or Davy too!! RIP to the both of them!

WOW!!! I didn't know either that Beverly Owens, who was the first "Marilyn Munster" in the Munsters TV show also passed away on the same day!! WOW! On the same day!! I usually hear about deaths from You! But, I'm sure Peter's death overshadowed every other news for you that day!!! RIP to Her too! Yes, it's Nice to know that the other "Marilyn" (Pat Priest) is still around! Thank You for posting the lovely pictures of Beverly Owens!!!
RIP Beverly Owens.

I'm Sure that "The Munsters" is another one of those shows that makes you feel sad when you watch it, knowing most of the cast members are dead now!! :-( I know what you mean!!! But, once in a while when I catch seeing one of the episodes, I still Enjoy watching it!! I try not to think about that most of the cast members are dead now!! I see that she only played the "Marilyn" character for 15 episodes. But yeah, season 1 will be even sadder now!! I sure can imagine how sad Butch Patrick who played "Eddie Munster" must feel lately, since he was good friends with both her and Peter Tork too!! :-( I didn't know he was good friends with Peter Tork. SAD!! :-(

Sadie, you're So Welcome for understanding why you had to take a short break from the Internet!!! I'm Glad you quickly stopped by here to read my response, catch up a bit, and see the George Harrison stuff I posted!!! Thanks My Friend!!!! And also to mention that Munsters cast member's death! If it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't know about that!!! Thanks!!! I Hope you managed to enjoy George Harrison's birthday even though you're obviously not in a good mood lately to celebrate much!! I Hope you did watch the "Living In The Material World" documentary!! I know what you mean about not wanting to watch the "Concert For George" one!!! Is too sad to watch, especially Now with Tom Petty & Billy Preston gone!!! :-( Just too much Loss!!! I see you still want to buy that DVD called "George Fest"! Which you only heard the soundtrack of. And also, the New version of his autobiography book called "I, Me, Mine". COOL!!! Thank You for posting the Both Covers!!! I also, like the new cover!!! It is an improvement over the last version!!

Yes, after seeing reviews on TV about "Bohemian Rhapsody", I watched it on pay per view from my cable company a few nights ago. That movie about Queen and mainly Freddie Mercury was Pretty Good!!! That actor did a real good job playing Freddie Mercury!!! I Really Liked It!! Although, I was expecting it to be better than it actually was!! For me, anyway. But, it's Still worth watching, if you like to!!! It was a bit Sad, mainly the parts about Freddie Mercury. I was expecting more about HIS life, and also Queen!!! But, I still enjoyed seeing it though! I would also like to see that upcoming Elton John biopic called "Rocketman"!!! I Hoping that one will be Really Good!!!

I'm So Glad you enjoyed those purple collages from the past that I made for George Harrison's birthday both on here and on the Beatles site!!! :-) Thanks My Friend!!! It was GREAT hearing from You again too!!! I'm Glad I always manage to cheer you up!!!! :-) THANK YOU!!!!! Thanks So Much For Being My Friend Too!!!!!!! And Thanks for the Best Wishes to Me and my Mother!!!! Well, I couldn't make it here for the end of February. And I finally had a chance to catch back up with you in March, today!!! :-) Another busy week ahead. And also, seeing my Urologist on Wednesday. Supposed to be in the 20's that day. FUN! It snowed here yesterday and the day before. But, not too bad. And tonight another snow storm into tomorrow!! Oh Boy!! Supposed to be worse than the other two. And Really Cold the rest of the week!!! I can imagine you got some snow too and sure the temps are low there too!!! I Hope you are doing Alright My Dear Friend!!! And staying safe and warm in this Crazy weather!!! As soon as I get a chance I'll catch back up with you!!!! It Sucks that we are both so busy these days!!! See you again Hopefully Soon!!!! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019