Here you can match songs with their themes! They can range from heartbreak, to seasons, places, and food! Let's do this!!!

Views: 453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes! They were a great band! I first discovered them because they did a cover of Paul's song Maybe I'm Amazed. LOL I also liked The Small Faces band, who The Faces came out of, I think?

I understand why you don't want to participate much in that retro makeup topic! But we can clearly see why and we don't blame you! LOL!!!!!

Well thanks for letting us know when and why you'll briefly be gone. I won't be on here either. I have some things to get done at the hospital (UGH) Miss you all! :-)

WOW!! I didn't know they did a cover of Maybe I'm Amazed??? Or, maybe I forgot? LOL!!
I found this about The Small Faces:

Formed in 1965, the Small Faces were the quintessential mod band. They existed for a scant four years, but they evolved very quickly during that time, releasing such classics as "Tin Soldier," "Itchycoo Park" and "Lazy Sunday." When singer Steve Marriott left the band in 1969, the group recruited Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood from the Jeff Beck Group and renamed themselves the Faces. That incarnation took on a hard rock sound and scored hits with "Stay With Me" and "Ooh La La."

By the mid-1970s, Rod Stewart left to focus on his solo career and Ronnie Wood left for the Rolling Stones, effectively ending the band.     ;-)

So Glad you guys understand why I don't want to participate in the Retro Makup topic!! LOL!! ;-) But, I did post some Pics the other day about retro fashion and a few about makeup. ;-)

You're Welcome for letting you know I wouldn't be online. I now Know you had to take some tests at the hospital!! UGH!! I Hope the results come back soon!! And Hope it's something they can treat by using medication!!! Keep Us Posted my friend!! BEST WISHES!!!

I won't be online tomorrow again. Have to take care of some things!! Hope to catch up on Sunday or Monday!!! Hope You Feel Better Soon!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Beatlebob!!! I'll let you know what goes on with my X ray results on Monday. I like both The Small Faces and The Faces!!! I really liked The Faces song called Ooh La La and The Small Faces song All Or Nothing! Those were my favs but both bands had alot of good songs! :-)

You're Welcome Sadie!!! Thanks!!! Let us know on Monday about you're Results!! I'm Hoping for the Best that you Won't need surgery my friend!! I liked those 2 songs you mentioned too!!! Yes, they did have some Really Good songs!! :-)

I forgot to mention how Led Zeppelin has a song called Heartbreaker! Usually when I hear it on the radio, it's followed up by Living Loving Maid, so it's like a double shot of Led Zep! LOL just like Queen's We Will Rock You is usually followed by We Are The Champions and Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is usually followed by With A Little Help From My Friends whenever those songs are played on the radio. And it's not even on "twin spin weekends" LOL :-)

LOL!! For so many years on the radio, they Always played those songs you mentioned "Together"!! I thought it was Great that they did that!! Great Songs!!! And Yes, I remember the Led Zep song Heartbreaker well!! :-)

Paul McCartney has a solo song called "Too Much Rain". That would fit in with the rain theme. :-)

YES it Would! :-)

:-)

"Who Loves The Sun" by The Velvet Underground could go with our "sunshine" theme.

I love that song! RIP Lou Reed who passed away today!!!

Sadie...I like that song too!!
Yes! RIP Lou Reed!! :-((

I Love the song "Take A Ride On The Wild Side"!! The song came out in 1972. I remember when my friends and I where riding around in Manhattan in my car one night in 1974 around 2 AM. "Take A Ride On The Wild Side" came on the radio. We stopped talking and listened to the song while riding around and taking in the sights of the City. The Bass parts along with the Saxiphone sound, @ 3:38 to the end of the song in the Video, plus the mood and lyrics in the song really reflected the night time down town sites of the city in that time. So Cool!! :-)

I like this song too.

Thanks for those last 2 comments Beatlebob! I really enjoyed those videos & songs & your memories!

RIP Lou Reed!!! I'm not sure if we mentioned the song "Eleanor" by The Turtles already for our "name" theme? I always thought it almost sounds like he's going to sing "Eleanor Rigby" but it's actually "Eleanor, really?" LOL! Great song! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019