Here you can match songs with their themes! They can range from heartbreak, to seasons, places, and food! Let's do this!!!

Views: 453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SUMMER/SUN THEME
The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers
Summer's Almost Gone by The Doors
Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks
Tequilla Sunrise by The Eagles
Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot
Always You by The Sundowners

COLORS THEME
Baby's In Black by The Beatles
Old Brown Shoe by The Beatles
A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum
Papa Gene's Blues by The Monkees
Wedding Bell Blues by The Fifth Dimension
Bell Bottom Blues by Eric Clapton
Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Judy Garland
Mamy Blue by Pop Tops
Jackie Blue by Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Little Red Riding Hood by Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs
Mellow Yellow by Donovan
Ride Captain Ride by BLUES Image
Devil With A Blue Dress On by Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
Roses Are Red by Bobby Vinton
etc.....
LOVE THEME
Love Is A Battlefield by Pat Benatar
I'm In Love by Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas (John Lennon wrote that song!)

NAME THEME
You And Me And A Dog Named Boo by Lobo (LMAO! I've got some pretty random stuff on my iPod!)
Sheila by Tommy Roe
A Rose For Emily by The Zombies
Emily Small by Picadilly Line
See Emily Play by Pink Floyd
Fernando by ABBA
Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel
Denise by Randy & The Rainbows
Jamie's Cryin' by Van Halen
Jennifer Juniper by Donovan
Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett
etc.....

We miss you BeatleGirl!!! You're missing out on all the fun of this site!! And you're the creator and administrator, so we need you here! :-(

Sadie: I Always worry about my friends when I don't know what's happening with them and see them gone for quite a while!! :-(( I Really Miss You Too!! I Do Understand though my friend!!! You're Welcome for letting you know where I've been too! I've been pretty busy myself lately! So Sure, I Understand!! I'm Glad when we Can catch up whenever possible!!! Yes, BeatleNut was gone for Months too! I'm Glad to see her pop up from time to time on BAR, at least! YES, Now if only BeatleGirl Will Show Up!!!! It's So Sad that we can't all catch up as often like we used to!! :-((( But, I Understand!! Will catch up when We Can!! And Hopefully will see BeatleGirl Return Soon!!

WOW!!! I see you added a lot more songs for the Themes!! Thanks!!! I can't believe I forgot about those Beatles titles! LOL! ;-)

re: "I'm In Love by Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas (John Lennon wrote that song!)"

Thanks!! I Didn't know that!! Cool!! :-)

Re: "You And Me And A Dog Named Boo by Lobo (LMAO! I've got some pretty random stuff on my iPod!)"

LOL!! I remember that song! YES, you Sure Do have some pretty Random stuff on your iPod!!! LMAO!!! ;-)

I Really like some of the songs you posted!! Thanks!!! :-)

I AGREE with what you said about BeatleGirl!!!!!!  :-((

I Hope WE Can ALL catch up soon!!!!!!!

LOL, Beatlebob, you even forgot Beatles songs you could've mentioned? I understand though! If it wasn't for my MP3 player, I wouldn't have thought of most the songs that I've mentioned!

A few more...

SUMMER/SUN THEME
Sunshine by Jonathan Edwards
A Summer Morning by The Feminine Complex (obscure 60s LOL)
Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks
And there is a band called The Sunshine Company. They had a minor hit in the 60s with a song called "Happy".

COLOR THEME
Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Tony Orlando & Dawn

NAME THEME
Julie by The Crescendos

etc....
And I'm getting pretty bored with the same old song themes! I'll let BeatleGirl choose our next theme, if she EVER returns here, that is. :-(

We miss you Candy O!!!!!!!!! :-(

You didn't know that I'm In Love by Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas was written by John Lennon, Beatlebob? Well I'm glad I told you! I really like that song! And John's piano home demo version of it! I'm not sure if The Dakotas band ever had a movie? I think I'm confusing them with Gerry & The Pacemakers Ferry Cross The Mersey! LOL nevermind... there is a sub-genre of Sixties music called "Sunshine Pop" that I like, along with "Bubblegum".

I like pretty much any 60s music... all the "British Invasion" stuff, Folk Rock, Psychedelic, Motown & Girl Groups, Pop & Rock music, both American and British :-)

Well I'll catch up later!!!!!! You have a groovy day too, my friend! :-)

LOL!!! Yeah, they just slipped my mind! Glad you understand though! ;-) An MP# player full of songs Helps!! ;-)

I see you added some more songs! Cool! I remember a few of them. Yes, Hopefully BeatleGirl will Return Soon!!! And maybe she will choose our next theme. We Miss You Candy O!!!!!

No, I didn't know that I'm In Love by Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas was written by John Lennon!! I never heard John's piano home demo version of it either!! LOL! I don't think The Dakotas band ever had a movie?? I remember the Bubblegum music of the 60's.

re: "I like pretty much any 60s music... all the "British Invasion" stuff, Folk Rock, Psychedelic, Motown & Girl Groups, Pop & Rock music, both American and British :-)"

So Do I !!!! :-))

Thanks my friend!!! Have a Goovy Day!! :-)

Thank you Beatlebob!!! I'm so glad Candy O is back so we can be relieved now!!!! We were getting worried!!!!

How about "The Other Side Of Love" by The Caravelles for our "love" songs theme.
A Summer Song by Chad and Jeremy
and
Sunshine Of Your Love by Cream
I'm sure those have probably already been mentioned though lol
The last song could fit in 3 of our themes. "Love", "Sun" and "Colors" (Cream) LOL!

You're Welcome Sadie!! :-) I'm So Glad Too that Candy O is back!! :-) Yes, we were getting worried!!

Thanks for adding yet more songs!! ;-) I remember A Summer Song and of course Sunshine Of Your Love !! :-)
Yes, Sunshine Of Your Love  could fit in 3 of our Themes!!  LOL!  ;-)

A few more...

Rhapsody In The Rain by Lou Christie

Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield

Pool Hall Richard by The Faces

Michael, Row The Boat Ashore by The Highway Men

and I'm tired of the "love", "rain", "name", and "color" song themes. I can't seem to think of a new one though. LOL!

Maybe Candy O will join in this game now that she's finally back :-)

I remember Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield and Michael, Row The Boat Ashore by The Highway Men!! But, not sure about the other? LOL :-)

I can't seem to think of a new theme either?? LOL!

Yeah, maybe Candy O will join in this game, now that she's back!!! :-)

Lol, you've never heard of The Faces? They were Rod Stewart's band. Their biggest hit was a song called "Stay With Me".

I can't think of a new theme either LOL I think we should just take a break from this game for a while. I'm still having more fun over in the pictures section! :-)

Oh Yes, The Faces. "Rod Stewart" and The Faces!!! I didn't remember till you mentioned that was his band!!! LOL! Sure I remember them!!! Yes, Stay With Me was a big Hit!!! :-)

Yeah, I Agree!! I have more fun at the Pictures Section too!!! LOL!!  :-)

Hope You guys are Enjoying the Let's Talk Retro Makeup!!! It's Not for me!! LOL! ;-) But, I'm Glad you guys are Enjoying that!! :-)

I won't be online tomorrow. Have to get a hair cut, and take care of some things. Will catch up on Friday my friend!! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019