Here you can match songs with their themes! They can range from heartbreak, to seasons, places, and food! Let's do this!!!

Views: 453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Love Rainy Days and Mondays by The Carpenters!!

re:"[Sorry if I'm breaking the rules of this site a bit by mentioning a few newer songs. I know everything on here is supposed to be "retro". But I noticed Beatlebob has mentioned some songs by Nirvana and Soundgarden, LOL so it's okay! Most of the songs we mention are oldies anyway. And at least the modern songs I mention sound retro!)

I thought of good ideas for some more song themes!

But since Beatlebob and BeatleGirl aren't here, I'll save them for later!"

I don't see any problem with some newer songs. The few I mentioned were from the 90's. But, we Try to stick with the older songs. ;-) I Like the "Rain" Theme and the songs you mentioned!! Great!!! Can't really think of any right now, since you posted a lot of them! Great Songs BTW!! :-)

Some "Rain" songs:

Eric Clapton - Let It Rain
BJ Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
Rainy Night In Georgia - Brook Benton
Grass roots- here comes that rainy day feeling again
I Think It's Goin' To Rain Today - Eric Burdon And The Animals
The Kinks - Rainy Day In June
The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
Led Zeppelin-The Rain Song
Cryin' in the rain - Everly Brothers
Singing in the rain - Gene Kelly
Baby, The Rain Must Fall - Glenn Yarbrough
Fire and Rain - James Taylor
Laughter in the Rain - Neil Sedaka
Rain on the Roof - The Lovin' Spoonful
Tell It to the Rain - Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons

;-)

Hey Beatlebob! WOW, you came up with some more great "rain" songs! I couldn't think of any more! Thank you!!!!
I didn't know Spanky & Our Gang and The Turtles were friends? That's awesome! I love Spanky & Our Gang too, they always remind me of The Mamas and Papas. In fact, I think the lead singer lady later on joined The Mamas and Papas after Cass Elliot died. I'm not sure, but I think so?

I can't believe I forgot "Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again". But I thought it was by The Fortunes? Maybe it is The Grass Roots. I don't know. Lol! Anyways, all great songs you mentioned! I don't think I've ever heard of Brook Benton or Glenn Yarbrough though. Or maybe I have? I'll have to check it out and see. Just like you remembered that Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie song I mentioned once you heard it again! LOL!

I thought about "heartbreak" for our next theme, since it was mentioned in the topic thread!

I couldn't come up with much for it, but I went ahead anyway...

"Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" by Neil Sedaka

"Heartbreaker" by Gene Pitney (He also has a song called "Only Love Can Break A Heart")

"Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar (It's a different song from the Gene Pitney one! Lol!)

"Doo Doo Doo Heartbreaker" by The Rolling Stones

"Bringing On The Heartbreak" by Def Leppard

"Heartbreak Hotel" by Elvis Presley

I also thought of the band named Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

And that's about it... lol I think we should just drop this theme, but if you could think of any more, go ahead!

P.S. I mentioned earlier how anything by The Beach Boys is appropriate for a summer playlist. But I actually don't think they have any songs with the word "summer" in it! LOL! They do have a song called "The Warmth Of The Sun" though. :-)

Now how about colors? That's a better idea...

Shades Of Gray by The Monkees

Blue Moon by The Marcels

Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton

Blue Suede Shoes and Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley 

(Also "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby, but let's not start a Christmas theme here! LOL)

Green Tambourine by The Lemon Pipers (They also have a song called "Rainbow Tree")

Paint It Black, Brown Sugar, Everything Is Turning To Gold, She's A Rainbow by The Rolling Stones

Baby's In Black, Blackbird, Yellow Submarine, For You Blue by The Beatles

Bluebird by Paul McCartney & Wings

Pink Lemonade by The Peppermint Rainbow  (Colors in both the song title and group)
Tan Shoes And Pink Shoelaces by Dodie Stevens (This song mentions 2 colors in the title!)

A White Sports Coat And A Pink Carnation by The King Brothers 

(This song also mentions 2 colors in the title)

Summertime Blues by BLUE Cheer

Venus by Shocking BLUE

Black Is Black by Los Bravos

Nights In White Satin by The Moody BLUES (Or is is "Knights In White Satin"? I'm not sure lol)

Deep Purple by Nino & April 

(There's also a band called Deep Purple, as well as Green Day, King Crimson,

Black Sabbath, The Blue Magoos, etc...)

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John

Sister Golden Hair by America

Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes

Blue Sunday by The Doors

Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix

Purple Rain and Little Red Corvette by Prince

Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley        (LMAO!)

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini by Bryan Hyland    (LMFAO!)

Got any more to add? Hope I didn't mention them all already! ;-)

"Blue On Blue"  by  Bobby Vinton was just playing on the little radio on the front page. LOL! That's another one to add!

I hope Candy O finally returns soon! Sometimes I see that little green dot next to her name, which means you are online now. Maybe she just dosen't have much time to post anything? We miss you, BeatleGirl! :-(

It really would be nice if BeatleNut9 and anyone else joined this site! I hope that Tom Hanks fan person dosen't become an un-active member. This site is WAY too cool to be ignored!

I was a bit sad because my Beatlemania website hosted by the Spruz network recently shut down. I was considering creating a new Ning site, but I don't really feel the need to, since we still have BeatlesAbbeyRoad. And this Retro Sugar site really cheered me up and made me forget all about the loss of that Beatlemania site!

This place is so much fun!!!! :-)

Thanks!!! Glad you liked the "Rain" songs!! :-) You're Welcome! Yeah, Spanky & Our Gang and The Turtles were friends, they hung out together and did some shows together too. I Really liked them too!!

Re: In fact, I think the lead singer lady later on joined The Mamas and Papas after Cass Elliot died. I'm not sure, but I think so?

Really?? I never heard of that happeneing? Let me know if you find out more about that!

Maybe the Grass roots did a cover of The Fortunes song?? You have to be my age to remember Brook Benton and Glenn Yarbrough! LOL!! Just Kidding! ;-) Yeah, check it out!! ;-)

You came up with some Great Songs for a "heartbreak" theme! I don't think I could have thought of any others? So, yeah will just drop this theme! LOL LOL ;-)

Yeah, I Don't think The Beach Boys have any songs with the word Summer in it?? You would think they would have! LOL! ;-)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! You came up with A Lot with "Colors"!!!!! Great List of Songs!!! I think you may have covered them all?? I can't think of any others right now. But, if I do, I'll surely post them!!! :-)))

Cool! Blue On Blue is a nice Song!! :-)

I Hope she returns Soon Too!!!!!! I Always see that little Green Dot next to her name After I log on here too!! But, when I post things she doesn't respond. Maybe the Green Dot just lights up when other people log on here, since she is the creator of the site??? Or, maybe she just doesn't have much time to post anything??? Either way, we Miss You BeatleGirl!!! On Both Sites!!!!!!!

Re: "It really would be nice if BeatleNut9 and anyone else joined this site! I hope that Tom Hanks fan person dosen't become an un-active member. This site is WAY too cool to be ignored!

I was a bit sad because my Beatlemania website hosted by the Spruz network recently shut down. I was considering creating a new Ning site, but I don't really feel the need to, since we still have BeatlesAbbeyRoad. And this Retro Sugar site really cheered me up and made me forget all about the loss of that Beatlemania site!

This place is so much fun!!!! :-)"

I Couldn't agree more with Everything you said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm Glad that this site cheered you up and made you forget all about the loss of the Beatlemania site!!!! :-)) I Hope BeatleGirl Returns Soon!!! And Hope more people join too!!! This IS a FUN Site!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! Yes, it's true that Spanky McFarlane later joined The Mamas & Papas.

But it was called The NEW Mamas And Papas. LOL!

Sometimes that little green dot shows up over at the BeatlesAbbeyRoad site next to my name when I'm not even online! LOL, so I don't think we can trust that! I really hope BeatleGirl returns here someday! I'm sure she will!

We'll just have to be patient! :-)

Aww, thanks for saying that "Sadie really knows her stuff"!
Well to be honest, sometimes I cheat by looking at my iPod!
I try not to do that too often though!
And I never look up lists online! That would be completely cheating, in my opinion!
I mostly just list things that automatically pop up in my head!
We also used to play this themes game all the time over on Turntable, so alot of the ideas have still stayed with me from there! :-)

Well I looked at my MP3 player this morning and it gave me alot more ideas!
Apologies if any of these songs have been mentioned already! :-)

NAME THEME
Your Auntie Grizelda by The Monkees
Sweet Mary by Wadsworth Mansion
Lady Godiva by Peter & Gordon
Lady Madonna by The Beatles
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by Beatles
Dear Prudence by Beatles
Rocky Racoon by Beatles
The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill by Beatles
Brandy, You're A Fine Girl by Looking Glass
Hang On Sloopy by The McCoys
Walk Way Renee by Left Banke
Stormy by Classics IV
Georgey Girl by The Seekers
Bella Linda by The Grass Roots
Bernadette by The Four Tops
The Wind Cries Mary by Jimi Hendrix
Avenging Annie by Roger Daltrey
Bobby's Girl by Marcie Blane
Shandi by KISS
Susan by The Buckinghams
Me & Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin
Maggie M'Gill by The Doors
Maggie May by Rod Stewart
Maggie Mae by The Beatles
The Ballad Of John & Yoko by The Beatles
The Lovely Linda by Paul McCartney
Sexy Sadie by The Beatles
Sadie by The Spinners
Sweet Sweet Sadie by The Teardrops
Sadie, Sadie Married Lady by Barbara Streisand
(LOL! I love Sadie songs, obviously!)

How about "The Name Of The Game" by Badfinger or "The Name Game" by Shirley Ellis? LOL!!!!

SUMMER/SUN THEME
Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows by Lesley Gore
Sunglasses by Sandy Posey
Summer Wine by Nancy Sinatra

LOVE THEME
A Groovy Kind Of Love by Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders (Also done by Phil Collins)
Double Shot Of My Baby's Love by The Swingin' Medallions
One Night Love Affair by Bryan Adams
Love Of The Loved by Cilla Black
Love To Love by The Monkees  
It's Got To Be Love by The Monkees
I Love You Better by The Monkees
I Love You by Climax Blues Band
I Will Always Love You & I Love You So Much by New Colony Six

COLORS THEME
How could I forget the bands CREAM and PINK Floyd??
The band Aerosmith also has a song called Pink.
White Room by Cream
White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane
White Wedding by Billy Idol
Green Grass by Gary Lewis & The Playboys
Blue Turns To Grey by The Rolling Stones (That song mentions 2 colors!)
Blue, Red, And Grey by The Who   (That song mentions 3 colors!)
Blue Jay Way by Beatles
Behind Blue Eyes by The Who
Blue Monday by New Order
Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra
Baby Blue by Badfinger
Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
Brown Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry
Technicolor Dreams by Status Quo
Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf
Grey Cloudy Lines by George Harrison (Or is it "Lies"? I'm not sure. Shame on me! LOL!)
Sue Me, Sue You Blues by George Harrison
Misty Blue by Dorothy Moore
Navy Blue by Diane Renay
True Blue by Madonna
(I actually don't like any of Madonna's music lol but I just randomly thought of this song)
Red Rubber Ball by The Cyrkle
Nine Times Blue by The Monkees
Ebony Eyes by Bob Welch
Ebony and Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder
Black or White by Michael Jackson
Little Red Book and The Red Telephone by Love
Ballad Of The Green Berets by ?
Snoopy VS. The Bloody Red Baron by The Royal Guardsmen
Rainbows by Davy Jones
Rainbow In The Dark by Dio
Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Judy Garland
Little Black Egg by The Nightcrawlers

The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday, I Got The Blues,

You Got The Silver, Little Red Rooster, Sweet Black Angel,

Blinded By Rainbows, and Black Limousine

The band AC/DC has an album called Back In Black,
and they also have a newer album called Black Ice.
There's also a band called Red Bone lol!

How about "Color My World" by Petula Clark? Lol!!!

RAIN THEME
The Rain, The Park, And Other Things by The Cowsills
Rain Fall Down by The Rolling Stones (It's one of their newer songs and to be honest, not one of my favorites, but it's ok. I almost didn't want to list it because we already have enough Stones songs on our list! lol)

Ok, I'll stop now, I promise! That's MORE than enough! LOL!!!!!

I think we should take a break from this game for a little while.
I just don't think it's fair that BeatleGirl, etc... are not here at the moment to participate.
And besides, I'm too caught up and busy over in the pictures area of this site anyways!
Plus I've already run out of good ideas! And so did Beatlebob! LOL! ;-)
Whenever you guys want to start playing again, I'll gladly be there though!

Have a fab week!!!!!!! :-)

WOW!! I never knew that! I looked around on the web and seen she did join The NEW Mamas And Papas!! LOL! Thanks!! :-)

From what you said about that little green dot showing up next to your name too, when you're not even online (LOL!) yes I guess we really can't trust that!! LOL! ;-) I Really Hope BeatleGirl Returns Here Sometime Soon Too!!! I'm Sure she Will too!! She is probably just busy with things!!!

I would imagine some of the people over at BAR are into Retro Music and Retro Fashion etc too! Maybe sometime you can post a Link to Retro Sugar with a short description in the Shout Box over there. Even the ones that haven't been that active on BAR lately still probably stop by to see what's happening there. And Maybe they would be interested in checking out Retro Sugar? What do you think?

You're Welcome, for saying Sadie really knows her stuff!! You Do!! :-) And WOW!!  I see you added A Lot of songs to the different Themes here!!! WOW!! A Lot!! Thanks!! I remember many of them you posted!! I have to admit I cheat too when I added some songs!! LOL! We can't remember Everything, sometimes we need a little Help!! ;-) LOL! I can understand why you Love Sadie Songs!! ;-)

re: The band AC/DC has an album called Back In Black.

Love that Song!! And the Album too!! :-)

Re: Rain Fall Down by The Rolling Stones (It's one of their newer songs and to be honest, not one of my favorites, but it's ok. I almost didn't want to list it because we already have enough Stones songs on our list! lol)

LOL! You can never have enough Stones songs!  ;-)

Re: Ok, I'll stop now, I promise! That's MORE than enough! LOL!!!!!

LMAO!!!! ;-)

Re: "I think we should take a break from this game for a little while.
I just don't think it's fair that BeatleGirl, etc... are not here at the moment to participate.
And besides, I'm too caught up and busy over in the pictures area of this site anyways!
Plus I've already run out of good ideas! And so did Beatlebob! LOL! ;-)
Whenever you guys want to start playing again, I'll gladly be there though!"

I Agree!!! We should wait for BeatleGirl and others to participate. I Like the Pictures area of the site too!! Yes, I'll gladly be back here whenever anybody wants to start again!! :-))

Off Topic: I posted A Few pictures over at BAR of The Beatles 1966 Shea Concert. I couldn't believe I had so much trouble trying to find any videos or even Pics of the 1966 Shea concert!!! I Wonder WHY?? I guess at that time with John's problems with what he said about Religion and The Beatles, which was taken wrong. So many people got turned off by that at the time. "It didn't turn me off"!! Could be that's why less people showed up at the 1966 Shea concert. And I guess all parts of the Media then had to be careful not to say much or make anything about the concert to avoid a backlash, from the Stupid Religion and The Beatles thing!! I GUESS that's why? What a Shame!! Us Beatles fans missed out on a lot of Cool stuff because of that Stupidity about that issue that was caused by religious zealots and the media!!

Thanks!!! Have a FAB Day!!!! :-)) I Won't be online tomorrow. But, will try to catch up on Sunday!!! Have a FAB Weekend!!! :-))

You can never have too many Stones songs? LOL! I agree. They have sooo many songs!! Their early stuff with Brian Jones is still my favorite era of theirs though.

How about "Summer Romance" by The Rolling Stones for our summer theme?

And The Monkees have a song called "The Door Into Summer". They also have one called "Sunny Girlfriend". 

More songs...

Indian Summer by The Doors

Pleasant Valley Sunday by The Monkees

Sunday Will Never Be The Same by The Peppermint Rainbow

California Sun by The Rivieras

We All Live For The Sun by The Sunrays

Sunny Cellophane Skies by Status Quo

In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry

Sunshine Girl by The Parade  (I also like the song "Morning Girl" by The Neon Philharmonic)

I Can Take You To The Sun by The Misunderstood 

For the "love" theme

I Love How You Love Me by The Paris Sisters

Lay All Your Love On Me by Abba

Leave A Little Love by Lulu

For our "colors" theme

Early Morning Blues And Greens by The Monkees          (That song mentions 2 colors!)

I admit, I cheated a bit by looking at my MP3 player this time. LOL! There is still some more songs.

But I don't have any more time to play this game at the moment! I wish I did! I wish I could be more active on this site! I miss it so much! But I've been having so many computer problems lately, that I had to type this from someone else's computer! If you don't see me online for a while, don't worry! I am still alive! LOL I'm just having temporary computer problems! I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

LOL! I agree what you said about the Stones Songs!! My Favorite Stones songs are from their early days too, with Brian!! From '64 to around '70 or so. I like some of their songs after that too of course. ;-)

Thanks for adding more songs to the list!! :-) The only ones I remember are Indian Summer by The Doors

Pleasant Valley Sunday by The Monkees

Sunday Will Never Be The Same by The Peppermint Rainbow

Sunny Cellophane Skies by Status Quo

In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry

Leave A Little Love by Lulu

The rest you mentioned I don't remember. LOL ;-)

I had to cheat some too, by looking some up on the web. We can't remember them all!! LOL! ;-)

I'm Really Sorry you've been having so many computer problems lately!! :-(( Thanks for taking the time to type this on someone else's computer!! It Sucks having computer problems!! I know!! I'm just Glad to hear from you!!! I was worried!! Thanks for letting me know you weren't online because of your computer problems!!! And if I don't see you online for a while it's because of that!! I Hope you can get your computer problems straightened out as soon as you're able!! I MISS You Too my friend!!!!! :-(((

I'll be busy going out the next couple of days taking care of some stuff I have to!! Mainly Thursday! So, if you don't see me here that's why. Thanks again for letting me know what's happening with you so I don't have to worry!! When I'm online I'll just check my email and the Sites to see if you were here and respond!! :-) I Hope you can do something about your computer!!!! In the meantime have a FAB Week my friend!! :-)

I Don't know what happened to BeatleGirl?!? I Sure Hope she's Alright too!!! And Hope we get to see here on Both sites Soon!!!

Aww, thanks for worrying about me Beatlebob! I really miss you too! I just don't have much time to be online lately. I know you understand. Thanks for letting me know where you've been too. BeatleNut was gone for months too! Now if only BeatleGirl would show up! :-(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019