Let's talk about retro make up here :) List your inspiration, tell us your favorite looks, and post your own photos!

Below is Twiggy with "mod make-up"! She has on false upper lashes, drawn on bottom lashes, bright blue eyeshadow, a dark liner in her crease area, and pink lips!

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Candy O, I really enjoyed reading that page about 1960's Mod Makeup that you linked to!

I noticed that the last picture on that page is really Edie Sedgwick and not Twiggy, LOL but that's ok, because I think they are both cool!

Dulce means "Candy" and "Sweet" in Spanish. I figured that girl in the video was either Latin or Italian. She reminds me of myself LOL I agree that false eyelashes are hard to deal with and pricey.

You should take a picture of your Halloween makeup and post it on here! :-)

P.S. That's awesome you have a Beatles calendar! And no, you don't look like an androgynous lead singer of an 80s Asian band! LOL!!!

LOLLL Sadie! Thanks for thinking otherwise. Maybe I'll do more retro looks so I can get better at it. :) I'll definitely post my Halloween make up on here. I can't wait to see more of your eyeshadow looks!

Inspired by Marilyn Monroe's glamourous beauty, MAC Cosmetics released a limited-edition of nearly 30 products which includes eyeshadow, lipstick, nail lacquer and eyeliner.

MAC Marilyn Monroe Makeup Collection - Reviews & Swatches By Temptailia

Aww that is so cool! I LOVE Marilyn! Red is my favorite color for lipstick and nail polish.

That is so cool! "Valley Of The Dolls" inspired makeup! I recently watched that film on Netflix (finally!) and I thought all three of the women in that movie were so gorgeous! :-)

Such a pretty collection for inspired make up! That's awesome you finally watched the movie! :)

Here is an eye make up look made up of bright orange colors! I would title this "Grapefruit Delight"

I bought the 'Eyes on the '60s' palette from BH Cosmetics.

Here is a purple eyeshadow look I've mustered up! XD "Muddy Purple"

WOW! That grapefruit eyeshadow effect is so cool!

And "grapefruit" reminds me of Yoko!

So that makes it even cooler!

I love that picture of you with (double) polka dot background! So retro! & You're a cutie!

That's awesome you found an eyeshadow palette called "Eyes on the 60s"! 

Now I feel like joining Instagram! :-)

My experiments with red lips! (and different hair colors LOL)

This crayon looking thing is pricey at about $10 (but worth it!)

It lasts long and dosen't smudge or fade or wipe off easily, unlike red lipstick!

I love red lips! They're so classic & makes you look & feel instantly glamorous! ^_^

Cool! That Revlon lipstain seems like something I'd like to try out.

I'm checking it out online. Which shade do you have it in?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019