Let's talk about retro make up here :) List your inspiration, tell us your favorite looks, and post your own photos!

Below is Twiggy with "mod make-up"! She has on false upper lashes, drawn on bottom lashes, bright blue eyeshadow, a dark liner in her crease area, and pink lips!

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Candy O.....WOW!! That's such a GREAT Photo!!!  "1960s Cotton Candy Dream!"
Dreamy!!! So Cool!!!  :-)

And Another Cool Photo too!! :-)

Sadie........ WOW!! A Lot of Cool eyeshadow experiments!! They Look Great!! :-)

Re:"Eww, I think I look like a dead corpse in those pictures. That's why I covered my face with a mirror."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! You Don't look like a dead corpse!!!!! LOL LOL!

Candy O....Very Cool GIF you made out of Sadie's eyeshadow photos!!! :-)

Sadie.......LMAO!!!! I did leave my opinion!! ;-) I Really Liked the Photos and thought All the Retro make up experiments Look Great!! Cool! Groovy!! :-D

Re: I don't think Beatlebob will be joining in on this discussion. LMAO!
But that's okay. It's for girls only."

Yes, It's for Girls Only!! I was just curious! ;-) I'll leave "This Discussion" for You Guys to Enjoy!! :-)

LOL! Thanks for the compliments Beatlebob! But I can understand why you would leave this discussion to me and Candy O! LMAO!

Candy O, that last eyeshadow palette picture you posted looks nice! And the colors are actually similar and could be used together! Good luck! :-)

What a weird name it has though! LOL!!!!

So I was cruising on YouTube and of course, I'm always watching make up tutorials there even though I don't ever wear make up myself. I only experiment which always end up a big mess so then I give up, haha! Here I found some Twiggy-inspired make up tutorials :)

Quick 2 and a half minutes -

Fun one done by someone with an Asian ethnicity!

Cool videos! And yeah, I watch those makeup tutorial vids sometimes too, just for fun, I never actually try it out myself though lol

LOVE!

We love you too BeatleNut!!!!! I am extremely happy that you finally joined here!!!!! :-)

Ditto! Retro > Not Retro, & that goes for make-up too, of course! <3

1960's Mod Makeup Tutorial

Dulce Candy used the "Eyes on the '60s Eyeshadow Palette" by BH Cosmetics

SoOoOOO I was wanting that palette so badly, I started playing with my own makeup!

I made a Twiggy-inspired make up referencing the photo in the very first post in this topic.

Ta-da! The bottom lashes are hard to draw on!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 

Annnnnd here is me being silly, looking at the lads in the background.

Aww, you look sad in the third photo. I'm glad you look more cheerful in the last one! I like that little Beatles For Sale picture in the background! You make a great Twiggy! Much better than that other Asian girl in a video! LOL I think the girl in the "1960s Mod Makeup Tutorial" video looks like me! LOL and the "Twiggy Inspired Makeup" video I really enjoyed! I think the high contrast White & Black together look is the epitome of "Mod" :-)  Not just in clothes, but also in eye makeup! :-)

A perfect example! Beatlebob posted this picture first but I had to share it again because that's pretty much the coolest dress ever!

Thanks! LOL I think I ended up like an androgynous 80s lead singer of an Asian band. hahaha. I guess my neutral face looks sad. I tried looking "bored" and "uninterested", so maybe it worked? :)

Yep, That picture of the lads is from my Beatles calendar for September. I like that it matches the fall theme.

Dulce is of Spanish descent (obviously of her name), so that's probably why you look like her. I wish I had fake eyelashes like her to add to my look, but falsies can get expensive and otherwise useless for me because I take my make up off right away.

Now I'm excited to experiment with more looks for Halloween make up. Make up can be so much fun!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the '60s mod black/white look. I think it's a classic and fun retro look that's definitely a favorite of mine. I really like that polka-dot Beatles dress, also!

Here is another post from a blog that discusses how the look is achieved:

1960's Mod Make Up http://beautyboxuk.blogspot.com/2012/08/1960s-mod-makeup.html

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019