Who doesn't? Talk about America's Favorite Redhead here!

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite scenes were when Lucy and Ethel worked at the chocolate factory, and when Lucy gets drunk off Vitameatavegamin!

“It doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” ~Lucille Ball

I've always loved Lucille Ball since I was a little girl! She was so pretty and funny! Those were great classic episodes you mentioned, Candy O! I also thought the episode when they were stomping on grapes was hilarious too, among many others. "I Love Lucy" was a pioneering TV show, it set the standard for situation comedy and also was one of the first programs to show a dominant female and an inter-racial relationship (forbidden in those days).

I loved those episodes too Candy O!! :-) So Many Great episodes. I loved watching the show!!

Sadie...You said it all!! I Agree!!! :-)

I liked Lucy Meets Harpo Marx:

While in California, Lucy got the chance to meet several big stars. One was Harpo Marx. Her friend Caroline Appleby was arriving from New York and Lucy wanted to impress her. Knowing she wouldn't be able to see without her glasses, Lucy hid them and dressed like Marx to show off to Caroline. But the real Harpo appeared and the two did a classic pantomime routine where they copied each other's moves as if they were looking in a mirror.

I found this:

Lucille Ball was a shrewd businesswoman, way ahead of her time in the Hollywood business world. She knew that if she didn't get the roles she felt highlighted her creative talent, she would create them herself.

Thus, Desilu Productions was formed, and with that, she had the creative control she needed to produce a vehicle for herself and Desi to show the world what great partners they were, onscreen and off.

I Love Lucy ran from 1951 to 1957 and was groundbreaking for several important reasons. First, it was the first to use three cameras that filmed the actors simultaneously. Prior to this, a single camera was used. Second, Lucy's on-air pregnancy of little Ricky was coordinated with her real-life pregnancy of Desi Arnaz Jr., and her delivery date was coordinated with the date of her expected C-section. The fact that both her on and off-camera children were boys added to the excitement, with more than 71.1 percent of all households tuning in to see the moment when Lucy gave birth.

Lucille Ball went on to create and star in The Lucy Show and star in several hit movies, such as Yours, Mine and Ours and Mame, until her death in 1989. She remains the most popular television comedienne ever and to this day, is still lauded for her progressive attitude towards the genre.

You might like this, and it has clips of the ones you guys mentioned. :-)

I liked The Lucy Show Too. :-)

;-)

Beatlebob, thanks for posting that information! I also enjoyed the pictures and that video too!

That is a funny story about Lucy and The Marx Brothers! I know one of Marilyn Monroe's first appearances (in fact, I think it was her very first one) was with The Marx Brothers! Cool!!

I

Beatlebob, thanks for posting that information! I also enjoyed the pictures and that video too!

That is a funny story about Lucille Ball and The Marx Brothers!

I know one of Marilyn Monroe's first appearances (in fact, I think it was her very first one) was with The Marx Brothers! Cool! I've always liked them too! :-)

I like the movie "Yours, Mine, And Ours", and "The Long, Long Trailer", etc...

And I liked the TV shows "The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour", "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" too!

(She had another short-lived series called "Life With Lucy" shortly before she died. But I haven't seen it yet.)

But of course, "I Love Lucy" was by far the best! :-)

You're So Welcome Sadie!! Glad you Enjoyed them!!! :-D

Glad you liked that one with the Marx Brothers! :-)

I Didn't know that about Marilyn Monroe and the Marx Brothers. Cool!! :-)  Yeah, I always liekd them too!!! :-)

I liked those movies you mentioned too!!! And I also liked the shows you mentioned "The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour", "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" too!!! :-)

I don't remember "Life With Lucy" though.

I AGREE, "I Love Lucy" was the BEST of all of them!!! :-)

I just re-learned? recently that Lucille Ball was originally a brunette. :D She also went blonde one time..

WOW!! I Didn't know that! I found a few Pics! She looked Great as a brunette and a blonde too!!
Thanks Candy O!!  :-)

:-D

Lovely Lucille! :)

She Sure Was!!  :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019