Anything goes...

(I like that song by Harper's Bizarre! LOL!)

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Beatlebob! That's great you watched  "Magical Mystery Tour Revisited"!

Eventhough it came out in 2012 I had never seen or even heard about it until the other day when I came across it on Vimeo while browsing for Beatles videos. 

You're welcome for recommending it and thanks to Anthony Cappucci for posting it on his new site for you to see. 

I remember reading that before in a John Lennon book by Philip Norman. Creepy! 

Speaking of reincarnation, I've always thought George Harrison's interest in India stems from a past life.

And stuff like "When I'm Sixty Four" and "Honey Pie" made me believe that maybe Paul McCartney was once a Vaudeville musician! The "Your Mother Should Know" scene from the "Magical Mystery Tour" movie looks just like those lavish numbers from those classic 1930s & 40s musicals I adore! But enough of my conspiracy theories! LOL!!!

I finally watched "Pleasantville"! You're right, I really enjoyed it!! 

Thanks again for recommending it in the first place! 

I was listening to The Cars earlier and it reminded me of Ann. Especially when the song Candy-O came up!

Hopefully that picture quote you posted on our Beatles site will grab her attention!

Although it is indeed difficult to ever think of John Lennon's death, that sure is interesting!

Even BeatleNut9 asked me today, "Where has BeatleGirl been lately?"  I still haven't heard from her since August.

Have a fab day, my friend! :-) 

Hey Sadie! Yeah, I Really Enjoyed It!! I've heard about it before but never got a chance to see it!! Thanks again for recommending it to Anthony!! :-) I know you posted the Link to watch it on Vimeo!! But, before I wanted to write Anthony on BAR I noticed he said he put it on his site. So, I watched the whole Video there and then wrote him about it. Oh, so you read about that before in a John Lennon book by Philip Norman. Sure is Creepy!!! This was the first time I heard about that!

I agree with you about that!! I thought George Harrison's interest in India might stem from a past life too. Could be?

And I see why stuff like "When I'm Sixty Four" and "Honey Pie" made you believe that maybe Paul McCartney was once a Vaudeville musician too? I Agree!! That "Your Mother Should Know" scene from the "Magical Mystery Tour" movie looks just like those lavish numbers from those classic 1930's and 40's musicals!!! And I know you adore those classic musicals!! :-)
And that movie "Give My Regards To Broad Street" has a look of Dickens England in some of the dream like scenes. And the title is a take on George M. Cohan's classic show tune "Give My Regards to Broadway". Paul likes those kinds of things. ;-)

re: "But enough of my conspiracy theories!"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

GREAT!!! I'm Glad you enjoyed "Pleasantville"!!  :-) You're Welcome for recommending it!! Different from films like "Back To The Future" etc. But, it was Enjoyable.  ;-)

I can imagine when you were listening to The Cars earlier it reminded you of Ann!! Especially the song Candy O!! YES, I'm Hoping too that the picture quote I posted on BAR will grab her attention!!

And I see that BeatleNut9 asked you too, "Where has BeatleGirl been lately?" I still haven't seen her on the both sites since around August 23rd when she posted "Retro References in Modern Media (Movies, Music, & More!)" I see it's Benjamin Orr's Birthday. Maybe that will bring her here?

re: "Although it is indeed difficult to ever think of John Lennon's death, that sure is interesting!"

I AGREE!!!

Thanks My Friend!!! You Have a FAB Day Too!!! :-)

You're right about  "Give My Regards To Broadstreet"! I remember that Dickens looking dream scene! Wasn't it in the snow or something? I still have that on VHS but haven't seen it in so long! I always liked that movie eventhough it wasn't critically acclaimed, even by Beatles/Paul fans! LOL!!! 

I haven't seen it in a long time too!! Yes, the Second half of the Dickens looking dream scene Was in the Snow!! You have a Good memory!! :-)

Cool that you still have it on VHS!! Yeah, that movie was Bashed by Critics and even a lot of Beatles/Paul fans!!! LOL!!
I Liked it too. ;-)

I might not be online tomorrow? I'm not sure yet? Either way, will catch up soon!!!
Have a FAB Day My Friend!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! :-)

Thanks for posting that clip from "Give My Regards To Broadstreet"!
BeatleNut said the whole entire movie was on YouTube! It's probably been removed by now though. Boo!
I hate it when stuff gets taken down before I even get a chance to watch it. That happened with the Ringo movie "Caveman" on Netflix!
Anthony Cappucci thought of some clever ways to avoid the copyright bastards.

Smart how he named his site .ROCK instead of .COM! Lmao!!!
Yes I do have a good memory! I remember you enjoyed The Concert For New York City.
I'm watching it today for 9/11. Wow, The Who really stole the show!!!
It's sad how that show was for September 11 and sad to see them with John Entwistle though.
Ok, come back online as soon as you can!!

Have a good weekend, my friend! :-)

Hey Sadie! :-) You're Welcome for posting that clip from "Give My Regards To Broadstreet"!! :-)
The Movie is still there. "Paul McCartney-Give My Regards to Broad Street-Full Movie-HQ".
BUT, it has NO Sound!! This is what it said under the Movie:
"This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted."
SUCKS!!! :-( What's the point, if there is NO sound!!! LOL! :-(
I hate it when stuff gets taken down before we even get a chance to watch it too!!! :-( Really?? That happened with the Ringo movie "Caveman" on Netflix?!??? They even get taken down on NetFlix too? That SUCKS!!! :-(
I posted A Very Good Clip of the Shea Stadium Concert on BAR! BeatleGirl Posted it on the Front page on BAR to watch. I got the clip from Vimeo. The Very Next Day both BeatleGirl and I noticed it was Blank on the Front page on BAR. She said that the "Copyright People" not only took that clip down on vimeo but they also took ALL of the Clips down that the Person who posted that clip had on his page there on vimeo!! And he had a lot of Really Good Clips!!! That's Really Messed Up!!! They just should have took down that one clip, if they wanted to punish the guy!! That was Really Screwed Up what they did!! :-( So, I just deleted it too in the video section on BAR.

YES!! Anthony Cappucci thought of some clever ways to avoid those Copyright Bastards!!! I'm Glad he Did!!!

Yeah not only Smart but, Cool Too!! How he named his site .ROCK instead of .COM!!! LMAO!!! ;-)

You Surely DO have a Good Memory!!! :-) I see you remembered that I Really Enjoyed "The Concert For New York City"!! :-) I have it on DVD now. It's Cool that you watched it yesterday for 9/11. Yeah, I told you "The Who" Really stole the show!!! They were GREAT!!! And all the people in the audience were Rocking to Each Song!! Yeah, it's Sad how that show was for September 11 and also Sad to see them with John Entwistle, I agree!! :-( But, it is a Great Concert!! Especially "The Who"!!

Virginia Abreu de Paula left a comment for me on my profile page on BAR!
"Beatlebob, I guess you are the superviser here, aren't you? You have to know a new member is sending scams to us. His name is Bruno Serra. I have just received a famous scam saying he has vital information to share with me. Of course it is not…".

I guess I should let her know I'm NOT the superviser here and tell her BeatleGirl is, and she's been away for a while?

I just looked and there is No member there named Bruno Serra? Maybe some people are hacking into BAR somehow?? And last week a few times when I went to BAR the site was messed up. The main page was in columns instead of the regular layout? A few hours later it was Alright. That happened a few days? I don't know what's happening there? But, I Really Hope BeatleGirl Comes Back Soon!!!!  :-(

I noticed you said on Bar: Tony Sokol, thanks for posting that link about the movie HELP! Enjoyed reading it!"

That was Nice of him, I really Enjoyed reading it too!! And He just left another Status Message on the front page with Two More Links to pages. Check them out!! I think you'll Really Enjoy them too!! I Did!! :-)

Thanks!!! Have a Good Weekend Too My Friend!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! Yes, what's the point in watching a silent movie version of "Give My Regards To Broadstreet"?

I got a kick out of seeing Paul frozen in ice singing "Silly Love Songs" with no audio though. LOL!!!!! 

Oh really? The Shea Stadium video was removed? Well I'm glad I watched it on August 15!

I've unfortunately seen so many videos get removed from YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo and even Netflix, Hulu, Warner Bros streaming, etc.. before I even get a chance to watch them! That frustrates me so much!!!

I wish the copyright people would calm down! "Leave It To Beaver" was recently removed from Netflix streaming and I was so devastated! That was my favorite thing to watch on there!! Now I have to buy the DVDs like you. :-) 

Wow! I've never heard of this "Bruno" bot on our Beatles site! LOL!!! You should tell Virginia to ask Annalina the administrator to ban that user. Luckily it hasn't bothered me yet. I really hope BeatleGirl returns soon too! 

Tony Sokol posted two more new links? Cool! I'll have to check them out now! Thanks for letting me know!

Talk to you later, my friend! Have a fab weekend!!! :-)  

Seen any good movies lately? :-)

I recently rented some from the Library. "Love & Mercy" (about The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson), "Jersey Boys" (about Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons), "Get On Up" (about James Brown), and "The Sapphires" about a 1960s singing girl group. All were very interesting!!!

By the way, Beatlebob, my birthday is coming up soon on Sunday, December 4...

Are you going to surprise me with any Photoshops this year? ;-) 

Remember when you put a pretty snowflake background behind me?  It came out beautiful!

If you could simply put me with a beach background! Like Gilligan's Island! That would be so cool!!!!

I wish I could do it myself but I'm not as talented as you! :-)

Not sure if you should make one for BeatleGirl too like you always do since she probably dosen't even look at this site anymore? You'd have better luck posting it over at the Beatle site instead! That is, if you even make anything for us this year, of course. I understand if you're too sick and/or busy lately! That's ok too! It's just good to hear from you in general! You were missed very much! And again, don't worry about making anything for me or Ann for our birthdays soon. If you can't or don't want to, maybe I can find someone else to make the "Sadie's Island" picture for me?

It's funny, how I am requesting a summer looking picture in the winter. LOL!!!

Have a good December, my friend! :-)

Hey Sadie! So Sorry it took so long to get back to you! I haven't been feeling too good at all lately!! Haven't been on the computer.

I haven't seen any good movies lately. But the ones you rented from the library sounded Really Good!!! I Did see "Jersey Boys" though, I rented it on Pay Per View from my cable tv company. I Really Enjoyed that one!! I'll have to see if I can find the other 2 movies you mentioned!

Thanks for reminding me that your Birthday is coming up Tomorrow Dec 4. Yes! I do remember when I put a pretty snowflake background behind you!! So, Glad you Enjoyed that one!!  :-) I just found the picture I used of you for that one. And put it in a few beach backgrounds!  ;-) I didn't have too much time to change the picture of you, so I used the same one. Hope you don't mind! Thanks for the compliment my friend!! I remember you did some Great Photoshop Images!! I didn't have the time to make one for BeatleGirl. Like I said, I'm not feeling good!

Yes, I've been busy being Sick lately. LOL!  :-(
Yeah, it's Funny how you're requesting a Summer looking picture in the Winter!! LOL!!!!  ;-) Well, I guess you miss the warmer weather!! Winter is Here! It's getting Colder!! Oh well. I Hope you Like the "Sadie's Island" Pics I did for you! Have a Happy Birthday Tomorrow My Friend!!! It's So Good to hear from You Again Too!! I Missed You Too!!!!!
Thanks!!! You have a Good December Too!!!!  I'll catch up when I can!!!
Happy Birthday Tomorrow!!!!! :-)

Sadie,
I Hope you read my reply under the "Sadie's Island" Picture!
BTW..........What are your thoughts on Trump being elected as our next President??
And all of his cabinet staff picks so far?
I'm Sorry I Didn't make the time to make "Candy O Pictures" for her Birthday! I just wasn't feeling up to it! I haven't seen any response from her. :-(
Still feeling lousy. And Still scared about that procedure I Might have to have in January!!
Will see?
I Hope you are doing Alright my friend!!
Hope you have a Good Christmas!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! I wish I could say my thoughts on Trump's presidency here but I don't wanna have to censor myself. Let's just say I can't believe that  @#$%^$&@* won the election! Lmao! I actually think it's funny how he's planning on building a wall to block out immigrants. He should be worrying about building a wall to protect himself instead! LOL!!! Yes you did make pictures for Candy O.'s birthday! Even if they're somewhat recycled from old ones, it's still something! I don't even think she looks at this site anymore anyway?? Good luck on that procedure in January. Sorry you still feel lousy. So do I. I'm being evicted, and right around the holidays! How cruel for the landlords to do this to me and my family, especially right around Christmastime! They want us to move out immediately simply because they want to do some remodeling. Wtf! In the winter?! They're like 80 years old and religious too, they're supposed to be more considerate! I hate those hillbillies! They go to the same church my grandmother went to, which is so phony! I don't think I can sue them or stay or anything. So it looks like instead of chestnuts roasting on an open fire, I'll be moving heavy furniture out in the snow and cold weather soon. Bah humbug! :-(

YOU try to have a good Christmas though, my friend! I can't wait for this god awful year of 2016 to finally be over and done with!! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019