Anything goes...

(I like that song by Harper's Bizarre! LOL!)

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL!!!! Yes, considering what a self proclaimed "Travelin' Man" Rick was, it's no surprise there's alot of Nelson kids and probably even more out there somewhere! Reminds me of the end of The Beatles song "Hey Bulldog" when John says "Hey, don't look at me, man... I only had 10 children!"  Lmao!

Ouch! Good luck with that upcoming dentist appointment! I'm due in there soon to have two stupid "wisdom teeth" removed, which is no fun! :-(

Have a fab September!!!! :-D

Hey Sadie! :-)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that "Travelin' Man" probably has even more kids out there somewhere!!!!! ;-)
I see why the end of Hey Bulldog reminds you of that:

You've got it, that's great! That's right! That's it, man, hoo!

Give it to me, man, hurry! I've got ten children, ho!

Ah ho! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Quiet boy, quiet!

OK.

Hey bulldog!
Hey bulldog!

LOL!!!!!!! ;-)

OUCH! Yeah! LOL!! Thanks for wishing me Good Luck with my Dentist appointment tomorrow!!!

I see you're due to have two "wisdom teeth" removed soon!!!! Sure is Not Fun!!! :-(

I don't know what's going to be done tomorrow at the Dentist. All is I know he said I need a lot of work done, and I know on one of the visits he will be pulling one of my front teeth, maybe more?? Will see? LOL! :-(

I had a busy day today. I just came on the computer to order something my Mother needs that we can't get around here. I wanted to answer what you said Here! But, I have to get off the computer now, I'll catch up with the things you said over on BAR on Thursday!!! Won't be online tomorrow with the Dentist FUN!! LOL!

Catch up with you on Thursday My Friend!!!

Thanks!!! You have a FAB September Too!!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! I was just jamming to "Hey Bulldog"! The ending always cracked me up. I thought John said "Quiet boy, quack!" LOL!!! Aww hope your trip to the dentist won't be too hectic and the actual appointment won't be too painful! That's sweet how you helped your mom order something online. How is her health lately?? Best wishes for you and her and don't worry about catching up with me. Come back online whenever you have time! Have a fab September too! :-)

Hey Sadie! I Love that song "Hey Bulldog"!!! The ending always Cracks Me Up too!! You thought John said "Quiet boy, quack??" LMAO!! ;-) Thanks for the Warm Wishes about my Dentist appointment!! Actually it wasn't painful at all! Because I Didn't have any Work Done!! :-( You know I'm covered under Medicaid. Now Medicaid cut back on Dental Work. They only cover Certain kinds of dental work  now! :-( I Thought I would be having some work done but, it turns out that the Dentist has to have ALL work that needs to be done to be Approved by Medicaid First, before he can actually do any of the work that I need done!!! :-( So, when I got there he went over the Scans with me of my mouth and teeth that I had done, when I went for that Oral Cancer Screening a few weeks ago. He looked at my teeth over and over again and typed everything in his computer, about which teeth needs work and what work needs to be done to them.

Then he sends that Report he typed up to Medicaid for an Approval! I need A Lot of work done! But, I won't know IF All or just some of the work that needs to be done will be approved and covered by Medicaid, till he gets a Report Back from them?? :-( That Sucks!!! :-( He said he's sending the Report he typed up right now to Medicaid for approval. He said it usually takes around two weeks or so to get the approval back. When he gets it back he will call me and set up an appointment for me to come in to Discuss what the Approval Report said. So, now it's a waiting game to see IF All or Just Some of the work that needs to be done, will be Covered by Medicaid!!! :-( I Hope they Will Approve ALL of it!! Because If they don't, it could wind up being very expensive!! And I don't think I could afford that!!! So, will just have to wait and see? Very Frustrating to say the least!! :-(

Thanks!! I have to order things online for my Mother every couple of months or so that she needs, that we can't get around here. I Don't mind doing that at all!! She helps me out whenever she can too! Thanks for asking how her health is lately!! It's so, so. She has A Lot of health problems! Some days aren't bad and some days aren't that good. On the better days she goes to a senior center she belongs to. They pick her up and bring her back. Which is Great!! :-) She is just hanging in there the best she can.

Thanks for saying "Best wishes for you and her and don't worry about catching up with me. Come back online whenever you have time!"

That was So Sweet!! I Really Appreciate that!! :-)

On a Good Note! It's been quite a while now since my Cat Ebbie died. And both my Mother and I miss having a cat and felt it was time we got another one. So, yesterday we went to the ASPCA and got a Cat! :-) That's why I wasn't online Yesterday. We must have looked at 30 cats or so. We didn't want a kitten or a cat that was over 5 years old. My Mother thought that would be best for us to get a cat that was around 2 years old. And one that didn't have any physical health problems. Unfortunately a good number of the cats there were rescued from a Cat Hoarder's house. That person had about 90 cats at the house and they went through Hell there hiding in cubby holes and starving and fighting each other and living in their own filth. They aren't used to Human contact and are hard to get along with. A lot of the cats we looked at were either too old and or had physical health problems. We kept going back to this one cat we looked at a few times while looking around there. The girl helping us read the paperwork on her and She was one of the cats that was rescued from that Cat Hoarder's house. Other than having Emotional Problems and not being used to human contact, she had a clean bill of health. We loved the way she looked and asked if I could pet her. A guy that works there opened up the cage door a bit and the cat Scratched him Bad! He waited a bit and said if you want to try to touch her be very careful. So, I slowly put my hand in there and she actually let me pet her a little a let me scratch around her neck. I said we will take her. A Lady came up to us who is a Cat Therapist and told us the story about her and told us it's going to take a lot of time and patients with her. Because of the Hell she went through and that she is not used to humans and she hates beings with other cats. We said we don't have any other cats. And she gave us some tips on dealing with her until she starts slowly getting used to Us and her new surroundings.

I Felt So Bad for her and wanted to give her a Loving Home she Deserves!!! I don't care how long it takes her to get used to Us etc!! I want to give her a chance at a Better Life!! She is 14 months old and is part Gray and white with some darker gray stripes. She's part Tabby and part Sphynx, mainly Tabby. So, we adopted her. They gave us a plastic cat carrier and good amount of dry food and canned food that she's been eating there. We bought a few cat toys for her there too. She has all of her shots and was fixed and has one of those chips implanted in her. So, she's all set . So, we took her home. They named her Hailey, but we just call her Baby.

When we got home I opened the door of the carrier and she flew out and hid under the couch. But, after a while she came out and I gave her some of that food they gave us. She hides a lot because she is Very Nervous and not used to us or our apartment. But, she does come out from time to time, and she actually let me play with her with a couple of the toys. She scratched me on my arms and hands but not too bad. She's just not used to humans. I have to be Very Patient with her and let her do her own thing, while trying to slowly get to used to us and our place. I Willing and however long it takes I hope she will get used to us!! I just have to be patient with her. The Lady said it will take a long time. But, I felt I had to Save her and give her a Loving Home!! I still had some kitty litter here and a small litter box. And she's using it. I'm starting to fall in Love with her already!!  :-)

So Sorry for the LONG Letter!!! I just wanted to let you know about everything!!!   

Will catch up with you soon!! And catch up over at BAR soon too!! Laundry FUN tomorrow etc. But, will catch up with you on Sunday if I can!!!

Thanks!! Have a FAB September too My Friend!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! No need to apologize for the long response! It's nice to know everything that's going on with you. :-)

AWW!!! I'm so glad you got a new cat! That's a sad story about 90 cats living in filth!

Have you ever seen the TV show called "Hoarders"?

There's been many episodes like that where people hoard cats yet don't really take care of them! Disgusting!

I love the show "Pawn Stars" too and have been watching it since the beginning also!

I've seen an episode with pictures of The Jimi Hendrix Experience Band... but not his guitar! Really? Wow!!!

And John Entwistle's Gold Plated Sony Walkman?? Omg! I wanna see that episode too! Cool!!!!

I recently went to the hospital and they were accepting Medicaid but not Medicare. Or something like that?

I have both of those insurances too and sometimes one covers something the other dosen't.

It gets confusing! I understand.

Yes, it's best you just hold out on the dentist for now until you figure out exactly how you're going to pay!

Enjoy your new pet! Wow! A Tabby/Sphynx? I can imagine how cute that cat must be! Does she have a name yet? :-)

Although she will never replace Ebbie in your heart, it's sweet how you're already falling in love with her!

Oh yeah and guess what??
I went to a place yesterday called CD Tradepost (It's like a thrift store or pawn shop that sells used CDs, DVDs, and video games) and I found "Pleasantville" on DVD!
I bought it and another DVD called "Taking Woodstock" which I saw a couple of years ago on HBO when I had cable.
Have you ever seen that movie? I enjoyed it! Can't wait to watch it again tonight and finally see "Pleasantville" for the first time too! I'll let you know my thoughts on it!

Have a fab Labor Day, my friend! :-)

Hey Sadie!  :-)

Thanks!! I'm Glad you didn't mind the Long response!! :-)

Thanks!!! I'm So Glad I got a new Cat too!! :-) Yes, a Very Sad story about all of those cats living in filth!! The lady had cats on two floors of the house and they found some in the basement too. Along with dead cats in the basement! Horrible!! The lady just didn't take care of them. She threw a few plastic bags of food around the house every once in a while and the cats all had to fight each other over what food they could grab out of he bag. Most of the cats lived in cubby holes they could find, because the cats were always fighting. She only had a few cats that she had for a long time that stayed by her in the house. The rest of them were in different places in the house, and had No human contact. It was a Horrible situation for those poor cats!! I'm Glad they were rescued!!

I never seen that show called "Hoarders". But I see you seen many episodes like that where people hoard cats, yet don't really take care of them!!! Sure IS Disgusting!!! :-(

I see You also love the show "Pawn Stars"!! :-) And you've been watching it since the beginning too!! :-) It's a very interesting show, you learn a lot of things and you never know what someone is going to bring in to the shop. It's a Great Show!! Yeah, I've seen that episode with pictures of The Jimi Hendrix Experience Band too. :-)

Yes, one of Jimi Hendrix's Guitars came into the shop, check it out:

And Rick bought a guitar that belonged to Les Paul for $90,000.

I found this:  "Just finished watching the Pawn Stars episode where The Who's late John Entwhistle's wife sold his Tiffany's, silver plated Sony Walkman. Way cool item with nice box and autographed photo of Entwhistle, Daltry and Townsend.

The shop paid her $1250 US for it."

I couldn't find any clip on Youtube about it though.  :-( Rick bought it for himself!! He Loves The Who! :-)

I Hope you can get to see that episode!!! COOL One!!  :-)

I found a clip for a photo of Pete Pete Townshend:

re: "I recently went to the hospital and they were accepting Medicaid but not Medicare. Or something like that? I have both of those insurances too and sometimes one covers something the other dosen't.
It gets confusing! I understand." "Yes, it's best you just hold out on the dentist for now until you figure out exactly how you're going to pay!"

YES!! It gets Very Confusing, and I see You Understand!! :-( I just got to wait for the Approval Report to come back, then my Dentist will have me come in and discuss what was Approved or Not. I Hope Most of the work will be Approved!!! Just have to wait and see??

Thanks My Friend!!! I am Enjoying my new Cat!! Yes, a Tabby/Sphynx mix. ;-) She IS a Very Cute and interesting looking cat!  :-) Well, at the ASPCA they named her Hailey. We Really Couldn't think of a name that fits her, so we just call her "Baby". Or, Baby Girl. We are sticking with that. :-)

So True, she will never replace Ebbie in my heart!! But yeah, I'm already falling in love with her!!! :-) It will take a lot of patients and time for her to get used to us. But, she's worth it!! :-)

WOW!!! GREAT!!! I'm So glad you found "Pleasantville" on DVD!!! :-) And "Taking Woodstock" on DVD too!! COOL! Yes, I seen "Taking Woodstock"  on HBO too a while ago and I really liked it too!!  :-) That "CD Tradepost" sounds like a Great Place!!! It's so Cool that they had "Pleasantville"!! :-)

I'm Sure you can't wait to watch "Taking Woodstock" again!! I Hope you seen it last night! And Hope you watched "Pleasantville" too!! YES, let me know your thoughts on "Pleasantville"!!! I Hope you liked it!!  :-) Thanks for letting me know you found those Two DVDs!! GREAT!! :-)

Thanks My Friend!!! You have a FAB Labor Day too!! :-)

Hey Beatlebob! Thanks for posting those two videos from "Pawn Stars"! I remember seeing that Pete Townshend photo one before, but not the Jimi Hendrix guitar one! Cool! I'd love to see the one about John Entwistle's stuff too! Hopefully someday that episode or at least a clip of it will surface online to Hulu or somewhere. Sounds interesting!

Yeah I know the Pawn Stars people are big Who fans! Roger Daltrey himself was even on one episode! I've seen that and another episode when they got tricked into buying what appeared to be a contract for The Who to play at Woodstock, but it was actually just an album insert from a vinyl record. LOL!!! I remember they said "We won't get fooled again!" when they realized what it really was. Lmao!!! 

I think "Baby" is a better name for a pet than "Hailey" which sounds more like a human's name!

Glad your new cat has already won you over! Aww!

I hope everything gets figured out with your medical insurance and dental work and there'll be no more confusion! :-)

I still haven't got around to watching "Pleasantville" yet, I'm saving it for Labor Day! I'm excited to finally see it!

Have a good one! :-) 

Hey Sadie! You're Welcome for posting the two videos!! :-) I see you saw that Pete Townshend photo one before. I'm Glad you thought the clip with the Jimi Hendrix guitar was Cool!! :-) I'm sure you would love to see the one about John Entwistle's stuff too! I Hope someday you'll be able to see it, or at least a clip of it on Hulu or somewhere!!

Yeah, the Pawn Stars people Are big Who fans!!! :-) I seen the episode with Roger Daltrey!! That was So COOL!! I think I also remember seeing that episode when they got tricked into buying what appeared to be a contract for The Who to play at Woodstock, but it was actually just an album insert from a vinyl record. LMAO!!!! Oh Yeah, I Did see that episode!! I Remember now that they said "We won't get fooled again!" when they realized what it really was!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! ;-) GREAT One!!

Yes, I agree that "Baby" is a better name for a pet than "Hailey"!! "Hailey" does sound more like a human's name!! Plus she's our Baby, that's why we chose it!  :-)

Thanks!! Yes, "Baby" has already won me over and my Mother Loves her too!! :-)

Thanks My Friend!!! I'm Sure Hoping everything gets figured out with my medical insurance and dental work and they'll be no more confusion!!! I Hope Soon!!! :-)

I Hope you get a chance to watch "Pleasantville" Today!! I Hope you'll Enjoy it!! And let me know what you thought of it when you get a chance!  :-)

Thanks!!! Have a Good One Too My Friend!! :-)

Hey Sadie! When I was on BAR yesterday, I noticed that picture Ann posted on BAR's Facebook page about what Yoko said about John. WOW!! That was Really Something!! So Weird! Even though I hate thinking about John's death, Especially about the way he died!! I posted that picture on BAR with some information I found about it yesterday. So Strange!! Apparently John believed to be the reincarnation of Yoko's great-grandfather Yasuda. (Yoko says that he looked at a portrait of Yasuda and said: “That guy is me in my past life.” “He just said that Out Of The Blue,” Yoko recalls. “And I said, ‘Don’t wish for that. Because he was assassinated.’ ” She found out years later that her great-grandfather shared a birthday with her late husband.)  WOW!!!

I also, posted that picture and the information I found about it, to see if Ann would respond to it! Because we haven't heard from her in quite a while. :-(

Also I see what you mean, about it seems like you're always writing obituaries on here lately. It Is So Sad that so many retro people we like have passed away lately!! :-( But, if it weren't for you posting the sad news about these people I wouldn't have known about it!! I'm Glad at least that posting these Tributes here, makes you feel a bit better though!!  :-)

I watched "Magical Mystery Tour Revisited" on Anthony Cappucci's "Beatles On Film" site yesterday! I LOVED IT!!! I thought it was GREAT!!! :-) It was a Very Well Made Documentary!! Very Interesting and went into so much detail! I'm Glad he posted it there!!

Hope you watch "Pleasantville" soon. And let me know what you thought about it!

Hope you have a FAB Week My Friend!! :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Latest Activity

BeatleBob posted a status
"Have a Happy Halloween!! :-)"
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob replied to 60s Fan's discussion Rest In Peace Page
Oct 15, 2019
BeatleBob commented on 60s Fan's photo
Oct 15, 2019